🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
HipGuide

Pain and Gain

So I was listening to Tom Scharpling talk about this movie and it seemed very HDTGM-able. Scharpling used the word "tone-deaf" which is a good characteristic to a HDTGM movie. Also, a director who doesn't know what kind of movie he has or want.

I actually was surprised that I liked the movie as much as I had since I read the news stories about the real Sun Gym gang and was concerned that Bay was making a straight up comedy with likeable killers. I think the movie would make for a good episode for how insane it was, but more so that most of that stuff happened although with some theatrics. The Rock was easily the best part of the film with how straight he was playing it before falling off the wagon in the second half of the film. The only problem I see is that Rob Corddry is in it.

this was def the least offensive michael bay movie since the rock but i also found myself fascinated with this movie in the same way i was with sucker punch so what the fuck do i know

I haven't seen it but apparently it is a very personal movie to Bay. In general, I don't think Bay's movie are worth the show's time, but this sounds like a very different movie for Bay, so it might work.

I'm gonna have to say that this was Bay's best movie.

and that Mark Wahlberg is only good when he plays a deluded moron, making this his second best movie next to Boogie Nights.

I'm gonna have to say that this was Bay's best movie.

Yeah, but the strongest competition there is, what? "The Rock?"

Yeah, but the strongest competition there is, what? "The Rock?"

I meant if you're gonna pick on a Bay movie, Pain & Gain is the least deserving of the bunch.

And the strongest competition is Bad Boys.

Sign in to follow this