🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo Fandango

Corrections / Omissions Fast 6

Hey Guys,

I signed up specifically because I love the podcast and to shed some light on some corrections/omissions in Fast 6: Car Avengers, a movie I saw twice (free preview and paid) and gave standing O’s to both. That is how much I love this movie, and the ones before it (except 3. No one likes 3.) I apologize in advance for jumping between character names and real names…

1. No Narrative to "Sizzle Reel" (June) – With no prior knowledge of the movies before Fast Five, that makes sense. However, in order the video shows 4 of the 5 prior movies (with Tokyo Drift occurring in the future):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rv8C1wjbsKw

a. The relationship of Paul Walker and Diesel, from adversaries (both in racing and as cop criminal).

b. Relationship of Walker and Brewster, from friends, to lovers, to enemies (after Dom arrest and Letty death) back to lovers and now parents as well as Dom and Letty. It also shows the finale of the first film and how Dom headed to Mexico.

c. Events of 2 Fast are shown establishing Ludacris and Tyrese.

d. Dom in the DR with his new team from a video short preceding Fast and Furious, then opening scenes from Fast and Furious and Letty’s death. Also introduces Giselle and Demo Bros.

e. Goes into Five, which you all know.

2. All are fighters/Jason Bourne types...Why them - changing world events + specific team skills (June)/(Jason):

a. Other than their driving abilities, here’s the established super powers each have. Also note, the fight scene between Han, Tyrese and the bad guy shows they have ZERO ability to fight:

i. O’Conner was on LAPD and in the FBI, so he has hand-to-hand fighting and firearms experience.

ii. Gisele was Braga’s #2 and an ex-Mossad agent, so she’s got everything you could ask for and really shouldn’t have died because she’s awesome.

iii. Tyrese was established as a con man in Fast Five as well as 2 Fast 2 Furious.

iv. Ludacris is an established hacker (Fast Five) from Fast Five.

v. Jordana Brewster also is a hacker? (Fast Five)

vi. Han Seoul-Oh (!) is a chameleon, basically because thanks to Fast Five.

3. Stakes for team: Pardons, just Michelle R + Death? (June/Group)

a. Dom and O’Conner seem to be in it for Letty, with whom most of the other group isn’t really related to (only Han tangentially really).

b. The rest seem to be in it for the pardons and of course to help Dom and O’Conner.

4. NOS is real – http://en.wikipedia....mbustion_engine

5. Order: The Fast and the Furious, 2 Fast 2 Furious, Fast & Furious, Fast Five, Furious Six, The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift, Car Avengers 7. Also note: Sean Boswell (main char in Tokyo Drift) may appear in 7 as a Dom recruit.

6. Baby Car issues (Adam)

a. It’s a callback from the very beginning to now of the series, because Vin Diesel has always said American cars can beat any import in a race. Paul Walker’s character has been obsessed with imports, so they’re really arguing with themselves and using the kid as a prop.

7. Lost all money? (June) –

a. Most of them have whatever they started the movie with, except Ludacris who spent a few million on the cars that got totaled by the plane or the tank.

8. O’Conner info from prison useless? (Cast):

a. The entire prison sequence was another callback to O’Conner’s time in the FBI, including breaking Stasiak’s nose again (featured in the Sizzle Reel) and the quotes above, which Stasiak said to him during their time together in Fast & Furious.

b. The prison also reveals that Shaw only lets you close because he allows it, which they use on the flight to España to figure out the NATO guys are driving into a trap. By the way, thank you Rock for that.

9. Letty storyline + Braga (Paul):

a. Letty, in a short movie between Fasts named ‘Los Bandoleros’ tracks Dom down to the DR (where they get the scars) at the end of said short film on the beach.

b. In Fast & Furious, Letty has lost track of Dom due to him leaving her in the DR because he thought the cops were too close. Letty then finds O’Conner and agrees to go undercover as a driver for Braga (unbeknownst to Dom) in exchange for Dom’s freedom. The scenes kind of show what happened, as does Braga’s exposition.

10. Final Sequence with the pneumatic guns (Jason):

a. The only “officially” made spear gun was the one with Luda(Tej); the others were recovered after earlier in movie (1) and stolen from Brian stealing the car to escape with Mia(1).

11. “Never thought I’d trust a cop” / “I never thought I’d trust a criminal” (Jason)

a. That’s a crazy set of lines, because he learned to trust three cops in the film – Walker, Rock and Neves, his Letty replacement and possible sister-wife had she agreed to stay, which I’m surprised you guys didn’t mention!

12. Crazy tag match in the plane (move Rock/Vin Diesel did)

If you go to youtube and search "Doomsday Device LOD" it'll show where they may have gotten inspiration. I’m assuming the Rock had a role in getting that into the film…

13. Rock stunt double (Cast):

a. As an ex-pro wrestler he does some of his stunts, but his cousin is his personal stunt double – (Tanoai Reed) http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0715708/

14. Why Interpol? (Adam)

a. I took it as Dom wanted to get to Letty, so he went with Hobbs to follow Shaw and the others went after the Bizarro team to ensure their pardons.

15. Han Eating (Jason)

a. Giselle in Fast Five mentioned that Han’s eating was due to him quitting smoking and being orally fixated.

16. Only logical reason that Hobbs could chase after them, then Shaw - http://www.state.gov...orism/index.htm

17. Finally, Fast 7 is slated to have James Wan (of Saw and Insidious fame) direct. I can only hope his interest in creative torture can be focused to car action awesomeness.

• Like 1

Looks like you out a lot of time and effort into this post. Too bad none of them will probably read it.

Paul often checks the corrections and omissions to do his mini episodes. So he probably will.

• Like 1

6. Baby Car issues (Adam)

a. It’s a callback from the very beginning to now of the series, because Vin Diesel has always said American cars can beat any import in a race. Paul Walker’s character has been obsessed with imports, so they’re really arguing with themselves and using the kid as a prop.

Also in the first 3 movies of the franchise they always made a BIG DEAL about it, with race scenes between American Muscle Cars against Modified Imports (The last quarter mile drag race between Vin Diesel and Paul Walker in the 1st movie, In "2 Fast, 2 Furious" Tyrese Gibson and Paul Walker win a tag team race, they drive import modified cars against muscle cars for their pink slip and in "Tokyo Drift" they use a 1967 Ford Mustang base frame with a Nissan Skyline engine... Best of both worlds)

15. Han Eating (Jason) a. Giselle in Fast Five mentioned that Han’s eating was due to him quitting smoking and being orally fixated.

Han is actually a character from Justin Lin's second feature film "Better Luck Tomorrow" and he smoked a lot in that film so he must of quit between films ;)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0280477/

In this episode Paul said he missed the two brazilian guys in Vin Diesel's team from "Fast Five"

They are not Brazilian they are Puerto Rican... Their names are Don Omar a reggaeton singer and Tego "Teg" Calderon a Rapper

They first appeared in the 4th movie helping Vin Diesel and Michelle Rodriguez steal a gasoline truck and at the end surrounding the prison bus with Jordana Brewster and Paul Walker

And Don Omar provided the song for the "What is everyone doing?" montage at the end of "Fast Five"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7zp1TbLFPp8

8. O’Conner info from prison useless? (Cast):

a. The entire prison sequence was another callback to O’Conner’s time in the FBI, including breaking Stasiak’s nose again (featured in the Sizzle Reel) and the quotes above, which Stasiak said to him during their time together in Fast & Furious.

b. The prison also reveals that Shaw only lets you close because he allows it, which they use on the flight to España to figure out the NATO guys are driving into a trap. By the way, thank you Rock for that.

First - nice, lengthy post breaking down the film...it's been awhile since I've seen the first four movies, so you helped fill in some blanks in memory. So thank you for that.

Second, regarding the O'Conner prison scenes - I actually agree with those who say it was a pretty worthless sequence of events.

Really, I believe it was just a portion of the film that the writers and producers threw in to give Paul Walker something to do for 10 minutes of screen time, and to make it seem like his character had an actual contribution to make in this film.

Let's be honest: since they rebooted this franchise with Fast & Furious 5, these films are now more about The Rock and Vin Diesel than Vin Diesel and Paul Walker. And I'm sure that adding Jason Statham to the mix will only further bump Paul Walker's role down the list in importance.

So rather than make O'Conner seem entirely useless to this entire film's plot, they gave him a segment that shows that he still has some police ties in the US (as his contribution to the team's varying set of "skills"), and he got a nice little action scene on top of it.

• Like 1

As a Londoner and an Englishmen, that chase they have after the 1000 of swat men are killed by Shaw's explosions. that chase cross all of London from the City in the east to Wembley Stadium in the North West in about 5 minutes

Sign in to follow this