🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
AprilFoolsRebel

Balls of Fury

I tried a search and this one didn't come up.

High concept comedy. Lots of talented and funny folks involved. Ben Garant (hilarious and taleneted) directed and co-wrote with Thomas Lennon. Christopher Walken alone should elevate this one to a different level.

But nothing lands. It's flat as the ping pong tables the movie is built around.

Tragic because you can see how it sounded hilarious on paper. But I don't remember laughing once.

High concept comedy is tough to do.

I tried a search and this one didn't come up.

High concept comedy. Lots of talented and funny folks involved. Ben Garant (hilarious and taleneted) directed and co-wrote with Thomas Lennon. Christopher Walken alone should elevate this one to a different level.

But nothing lands. It's flat as the ping pong tables the movie is built around.

Tragic because you can see how it sounded hilarious on paper. But I don't remember laughing once.

High concept comedy is tough to do.

Have you read Garant and Lennon's book "Writing Movies For Fun and Profit"?

• Like 1

I liked this movie and laughed a bunch. *shrug*

• Like 1

This is a comedy movie that's made to be bad, so bad it's good.

after all it's called balls of fury.

I enjoyed it too.

Have you read Garant and Lennon's book "Writing Movies For Fun and Profit"?

No - but thanks for the recommendation! I'm gonna look it up!

I appreciate there are those who like it. I just felt like it really misfired. (Though I do now recall laughing when Daytona asked if he had to swat flies only to be told, "No. bees."

But I'm a fan of bee movies. (Boo at myself for that one!)

that's ok, it's not one of Walken's best movies that comes to mind.

but I'll watch any movie with Christopher Walken in it and enjoy it for what it is.

even the ones with Adam Sandler in it.

I might go ahead and get this on dvd, it's gotta be super cheap on Amazon. I feel like every year there's 1 or 2 weird comedies that do terribly both commercially and critically but I really enjoy them.

I might go ahead and get this on dvd, it's gotta be super cheap on Amazon. I feel like every year there's 1 or 2 weird comedies that do terribly both commercially and critically but I really enjoy them.

I think it's kicking around the $5 bin in Wal-Mart these days. If that helps!

Why leave my house to go to WalMart to maybe find a dvd when there is Amazon? For the record though I think a lot of good stuff ends up in the $5 bin at WalMart though, that is no gauge of the quality of a movie imo.

• Like 1

But I'm a fan of bee movies. (Boo at myself for that one!)

Did somebody say "Bee Movie"?

220px-Bee_movie_ver2.jpg

• Like 3

Why leave my house to go to WalMart to maybe find a dvd when there is Amazon? For the record though I think a lot of good stuff ends up in the $5 bin at WalMart though, that is no gauge of the quality of a movie imo.

I wasn't passing judgement of the $5 bin. Eventually, event the greatest movies seem to make their way there.

Sign in to follow this