🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Foltaire

James Bonding?

I was listening to the first episode of James Bonding, with Matt Gourley and Matt Mira (featuring PFT), and Jack Lord's Dr. No contract came up. From there, one of the Matt's segued into discussing the profitability (or otherwise) of podcasts and then - jokingly - said that somehow, at some point "Scott Aukerman gets a cheque".

I know the show's part of the Nerdist network now, but I was wondering whether this indicated that it was originally intended for Earwolf, or if it was just a mistake. Dr. No was the first episode, so I thought it might've been a sort of podcast 'pilot' which ended up moving elsewhere. Also, I've not listened to any other episodes, so they might've already explained the situation.

Thanks!

I kind of doubt that Mira would come up with a podcast and not have it be on Nerdist. When I heard that, I just took it to mean "Very few people make money off of podcasts, and Scott is one of them."

I kind of doubt that Mira would come up with a podcast and not have it be on Nerdist. When I heard that, I just took it to mean "Very few people make money off of podcasts, and Scott is one of them."

Yeah, that makes sense. I hadn't listened to any Nerdist podcasts before and I wasn't aware that either of the Matts were really affiliated with the network.

Sign in to follow this