🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
BonkersBananas

Johnny Be Good

This film was one of the first attempts to get Anthony Michael Hall to break away from being typecast as the scrawny nerd in the Brat Pack movies by bulking up to add a couple of pounds of muscle by being in this movie and then as Winona Ryder's evil boyfriend in Edward Scissorhands. And when that didn't work out, he then returned to his roots by playing Bill Gates in the TV movie Pirates of Silicon Valley. What a difference in a few short years.

I loved this movie. I think it was one of the first "Titty Movies" of my horny youth.

This film was one of the first attempts to get Anthony Michael Hall to break away from being typecast as the scrawny nerd in the Brat Pack movies by bulking up to add a couple of pounds of muscle by being in this movie and then as Winona Ryder's evil boyfriend in Edward Scissorhands. And when that didn't work out, he then returned to his roots by playing Bill Gates in the TV movie Pirates of Silicon Valley. What a difference in a few short years.

To be fair, there was an 11 year gap between this movie and Pirates.

Somewhere out there is an alternate universe where AMH got the part in Full Metal Jacket and had a successful movie career.

Sign in to follow this