🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
hugLife

Episode 20- What did Shamar say...

I get where you are coming from. I guess when I imagined it, there was nothing that led me to believe that it would be a large group of people. Whether it was practical or not, I imagined one giant bro sesh where a couple hundred people chatted with their favorite hosts about life.

I want to do a podcast...

So, no new RW ep this week :(

hugLife, you need to start watching television.

Chanson, my new favorite roommate is obviously Brian, Jennie's ex. He loves to pontificate and you can tell he really believes he's an intellectual giant of some kind. After I watched the last epi on MTV's website (the things I have to endure due to not owning a TV) the video automatically shifted into the RW Aftershow, wherein Jennie and Brian were bitching at each other in real time, indicating that some major shit is about to go down between them in future episodes b/c they're most def not on good terms. Color me shocked! These two seemed to have such a healthy, balanced relationship!

Hey Frey (are we on this level yet?),

I don't even own a tv anymore, and podcasts are my primary form of entertainment. Why don't they have a dating podcasts on here. If there was one of those I would have way more to contribute haha.

• Like 1

If you need a dating podcast, might I recommend Savage Love? That is, if you're also willing to listen to people ask questions about their jock-strap-sniffing fetishes, BDSM, and people inhaling gummy bears as part of a sex act... (which i totally am).

• Like 1

Whoa, that sounds way more interesting than any of the dates that I have been on so far. I will check it out; I am a fan of Dan. He is the man.

I will start asking some spicier questions in here once I listen to a few episodes. Sorry, Chanson.

• Like 1

If you need a dating podcast, might I recommend Savage Love? That is, if you're also willing to listen to people ask questions about their jock-strap-sniffing fetishes, BDSM, and people inhaling gummy bears as part of a sex act... (which i totally am).

Dan Savage, Seattle resident. Used to live on the same island as my family... He moved because he felt like his kids wouldn't be accepted because they have two dads... Which is bullshit because Vashon Island is known as the hippiest motherfucking island ever. Imagine weed-growing flower-child ass shit. I think he misjudged the dislike of outsiders moving to the island and drastically increasing the cost of living as being intollerant of his lifestyle... I imagine it's like when someone thinks another person is racist when the first person is actually just being an asshole and that's why the second person doesn't like them...

Savage Love is still great though, just Dan Savage needs to not besmirch the reputation of my island by insinuating that its residents are bigots. They're conceited, judgmental, and often up their own asses, but not bigots...

PS - I was sooooo pissed that there wasn't a new episode of The Real World. I watched Fantasy Factory though, so it was all good.

PPS - HugLife, are maracas melodious? They seem more percussive. I've been wondering this for a while now.

• Like 1

1. I totally have succumbed to the false projections of racism. Being in VA, it is hard to tell if people don't like you because they hate people, or because you are brown. That is a pretty good point, and the simple solution is to encourage more vocal discrimination. Then you can accurately assess how personal their hatred of people is.

2. Maracas are melodious to the trained ear. That signature wasn't supposed to be there for months. Originally, I was changing it every week with a new "mm" but that grew difficult after week 5, and I was pretty sure that nobody realized or would care. You proved me wrong, Chanson. Thank you for giving me hope.

3. Did Dan move near the Space Needle? I heard that the neighborhoods around there are pretty welcoming.

• Like 1

3. Did Dan move near the Space Needle? I heard that the neighborhoods around there are pretty welcoming.

Yeah, I hear he's roommates with Macklemore, Rick Steves, Luke Burbank, Bill Nye, Sir Mix-a-Lot, Eddie Vedder, Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, and Detlef Schrempf. You know, that part of town.

You forgot Amanda Knox, Chanson.

I love Dan Savage so much. Except when he has Adam Corolla on to give his idiot sexist advice to people. "If men cheat it's ok, because they don't really mean it... but when women cheat they're emotionally involved so it's not ok" -- something like that. UGH UGH UGH.

I thought that Bill Nye was working at Cornell? Maybe my intel is a bit outdated, but I was still claiming him under the NY state flag. You can keep Mackerelmore though.

I don't understand how Adam Corolla is still a thing. The "Man Show" seemed to tap out his comedic diversity, so I guess he plays to a niche, Larry the Cable Guy-type market. As far as cheating is concerned, I say do away with trying to put people on a leash. Love ain't no game (good show title), and the only rules should be the ones that each partner agrees on.... and they shouldn't be riddled with double standards, because it (usually) takes 2 to get down.

You forgot Amanda Knox, Chanson.

My mom went to high school with her dad and she went to college at the same school as me... So there's that. Those Italians and their justice system love some character assassination and apparently a hunch from a prosecutor is enough to lock someone in prison... And I thought our justice system was fucked (Actually, our police are fucked, our courts are quite good). Not that I had high expectations of the Italian government because let's face it, their government is about as trustworthy as The National Enquirer... And that's on a good day.

...I believe Bill Nye's primary residence is in the Seattle area although I'm sure he spends significant amounts of time elsewhere teaching and presenting TV shows and whatnot. He was on Almost Live with Joel McHale back in the day. Oh Seattle, so many good things happen here. Also Anna Faris and Chris Pratt, both from Seattle. Also Jeff Dye. Just saying.

Actually, that's someone I'd like to see on Hollywood Handjobs; Jeff Dye.

Another thing, I like that people in Seattle support our native sons and daughters even when they leave home. Not that we don't wish they could still live here and stuff, but it's still so cool to see people from here doing well.

About Adam Carolla, I'm sure he has his niche. I know he's popular with car people, which is a group I certainly do not belong to but can probably safely place myself near the outermost fringes of. I don't think it's the same as the Larry the Cable Guy demo though.

I was meaning that they both have niche markets that keep them afloat. I don't find either of them particularly funny, but I feel that is because i'm not their target audiences.

So is Amanda Knox thing a big case or something?

Sign in to follow this