🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
ThomasOOO

Clip: Angry Trumpet Fighter Speaks with Matt Besser

This segment is one of the highlights of my time so far at improv4humans. I called Doug myself the day before, and never expected that he would agree to be on the show, but he was totally game as long as I promised there would be "no funny business" during the interview.

I loved having a guy straight out of one of the most interesting YouTube videos of 2013 come on the show and defend his behavior to Matt. His constant namedropping ("Franklin Roosevelt was my grandmother's neighbor") and odd pronunciations ("let music be the food of love") were simultaneously bizarre and hilarious. Couple that with Paul Rust silently gesturing with his finger and making faces the entire time Doug was explaining himself, and I could barely keep it together.

Enjoy the clip!

https://soundcloud.c...trumpet-fighter

Thomas the Intern

EDIT: here's the original video of the trumpet fight!

• Like 1

he was totally game as long as I promised there would be "no funny business" during the interview.

I was actually wondering about that. Was he aware that there would be improv scenes based on the interview? I don't feel like they directly made fun of him, but it made me wonder if Matt agreed to something like "I agree with you and I won't make fun of you, but I can't make any promises for my guests."

that rly was one of the best i4h segments of all time, good work on getting it together thomas, you are a champion of podcasting

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this