đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—
Sign in to follow this  

This terrible but fun movie, available on Hulu, stars the two Coreys (Feldman and Haim) at the height of their powers. It also has Jason Robards, Harry Dean Stanton, and Piper Laurie.

The movie is about Jason Robards transplanting his conciousness into the mind of Corey Feldman and then basically trying to convince Corey to get laid. It is also an excuss for Feldman to perfrom his classic Michael Jackson impression.

I remember loving this movie as a kid and it holds up in a way that only a HDTGM fan could appreciate. There are also some pretty great 5 star reviews on Amazon if your looking for a second opinion.

• Like 1

Notable for Michael Damian's cover of "Rock On", which became more successful than the movie itself!

I wanted to be Meredith Salinger so bad when I was a teen, all thanks to this movie and A Night in the Life of Jimmy Reardon.

This is by far my all time favorite movie. And I still have no idea what happens in it. The soundtrack is really really good.

Dream a Little Dream is a 1989 teen film directed by Marc Rocco and starring Corey Feldman, Corey Haim, Meredith Salenger, Jason Robards, Piper Laurie and Harry Dean Stanton. It was filmed in Wilmington, North Carolina. Released in 1,019 theaters, it accumulated $5,552,441. This was the third film featuring the two Coreys. The film's sequel, Dream a Little Dream 2, was released in 1995.

When Coleman Ettinger (Jason Robards, Jr.) and his wife, Gene (Piper Laurie), attempt a mystical experiment, an accident transports their minds into teenagers Bobby Keller (Corey Feldman) and Lainie Diamond (Meredith Salenger), while the kids end up trapped in a dream state. While Coleman enjoys his youthful existence for a little while, he soon longs to return things to the way they were, which proves to be more problematic than he had imagined.

Directed By: Marc Rocco

Rated: PG-13

Running Time: 1 hr. 54 min.

Genre: Science Fiction & Fantasy, Comedy

Release Date: March 3, 1989

DVD Release Date: October 21, 2003

Needs to be done if only to hear Jason go off on how utterly incredible Meredith Salenger was in the late 80s.

Dream a Little Dream, and its sequel, are perhaps the most unexplainable films of a long list of unexplainable films starring the two Corey's. Last Resort comes in close second and Busted, directed by Feldman (and perhaps the worst film of all time) hangs on to third place.

I saw this as a kid when it came to video, and the only thing I remember is Corey Feldman copying an entire Michael Jackson dance routine (pretty well, I'll admit). I remember seeing him on some talk show around the same time and he was even dressed like late 80s MJ, he was obsessed with him apparently.

Weird plot though and more of a horror movie when you think about it -- old people stealing young bodies.

Excellent choice. Marks two shitty movie checkboxes at once: a film featuring the Coreys, and a body switch movie. Does anyone remember how many body switch movies there were in the late eighties? Off the top of my head we had this movie, the George Burns one, the Judge Reinhold/Fred Savage one, and that Kirk Cameron/Dudley Moore one.

Sign in to follow this