🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 196 — Addiction

For me, it was the casual dismissal of addiction as disease that bugged me.

I'm not an addict, but I've experienced withdrawal from doctor-prescribed happy pills and it was an absolute nightmare. "I" was still present during the hours of hallucinations, vomiting, diarrhea, and suicidal despair, but the crushing sensations and bad input I was receiving meant all I could do was lie in bed and cry. I know that even when I'm feeling good about my decisions, as well, they can be influenced by a ton of things I'm not consciously aware of.

Its always hard placing blame for why we human beings do what we do any time you get into issues of free will, brain functions, biochemistry, etc. You don't want to use your disease as a crutch, but you also cannot be expected to simply will yourself to stop behaving irrationally from time to time.

Anyway, having vented on the internet - Kickpuncher has a point; this is meant to be a diverting and entertaining discussion with non-experts leading the chat - taking anything they say as a personal attack takes you down a bad road.

• Like 2

Off-topic observation, but I'm also a fan of setting a pick on somebody who's walking and not watching where they're going cuz they're glued to their phones.

Baller move all the way.

• Like 2

I love the idea and constantly have the urge, but I don't have the balls to actually do it.

Redacted previous post because there's no reason for me to volunteer humiliating things about myself on the Internet. I will say this is a very relatable episode for anyone who grew up with an alcoholic.

Sign in to follow this