🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 76 — Adam Carolla, Comedian/Podcaster/Filmmaker

Comedian, television host, author, filmmaker and podcaster Adam Carolla joins Adam Sachs on The Wolf Den to discuss the business side of his many endeavors. Carolla recalls that the idea to podcast was born from the fact that his morning show on terrestrial radio was number two online. So, when that gig ended in 2009 he knew where there was a ready audience. He explains how that fit his overall business strategy, which is “somewhere between proactive and reactive,” seizing opportunities and then going with what makes sense along the way. Then Carolla describes the origin of his new motivational “Take a Knee” podcast as part of the subscription-based Adam Carolla Show Archive. Finally, he offers up advice for budding podcasters.

Ah yes, the intellectual luminary who brought us quotes like "dudes are funnier than chicks".

I hear he has a rad "business strategy" though

• Like 5

He sucks, but if you're going to talk about the business of podcasting, sooner or later you're going to have to talk to Adam Carolla. Like it or not, he legitimized the format for a lot of people.

• Like 2

Also, he's funny when he's not being misogynistic or racist or xenophobic or homophobic. Which is increasingly rare these days.

• Like 1

As a gay man and a feminist, I stopped listening to him almost immediately after I started just for his trashbag views on art and culture, let alone all the other stuff. F this douchebag.

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this