🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
SlidePocket

Deep Rising (1998)

This marks the beginning of the CGI-fueled insanity from the career of Stephen Sommers where a group of mercenaries try to rob a cruise liner only to discover that a giant aquatic creature is in their sights.

Stars Treat Williams, Famke Janssen, Kevin J. O'Connor, Wes Studi, Djimon Hounsou among many others. One review from the home video cover quotes it as: "Die Hard meets Alien on the Titanic!". Who's with me to get a riff on Deep Rising!

It's funny, I just woke up last night in a fever dream like state in which I remembered how much I watched 'Deep Rising' back in college, and how perfect it would be for HDTGM. It probably falls into the 'so bad it's good' category, but I think everyone would have the best time with it. Treat Williams is amazing. Famke Janssen is sassy. And Kevin O'Connor hits his peak before sliding off into obscurity. Please do this!

• Like 2

Bump for this now that they're covering their first Sommers movie with Van Helsing. Treat Williams as usual lives up to his name in this movie and is a delight as always. For its time and budget had remarkably well done cgi. The scene where the tentacle monster regurgitates the still living mercenary is impressive to this day. 

• Thanks 1

Sign in to follow this