🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
RyanSz

Evilspeak (1981)

Let's do the checklist of a HDTGM movie:

Clint Howard in the starring role, check!

Nude scene featuring the aforementioned Howard brother, check!

Male version of Carrie, check!

Over the top gore and practical effects, check!

Conjuring Satan through an old Apple computer, check!

Richard Moll as a Spanish Satanist, check!

I just got this from Shout! Factory and it is fantastic. Howard does a great job of coming off as the down on his luck lead character and you really feel for him and what happens to him, similar to Carrie White. The effects in the unedited cut are pretty good for the time and the climax has a really good buildup. Definitely worth an episode of the show.

• Like 1

You forgot to checkmark an hour and 30 mins too.

[_] 1:30mins

It looks a little too B movie ish for my recommendation.

It's weird in that this really didn't get much play when it came out until it became a "video nasty" in the UK and then did really well in the US in comparison to what the production company was hoping for. It's at about the same level as Sleepaway Camp so think it would work for the show.

After listening to this week's treatment of The Wraith and the love you guys have for all things Clint Howard, EVILSPEAK is the movie that immediately came to mind. It's perfect for a future episode.

1. Clint Howard in a leading role!

2. Cheesy use of 1981 computer technology by Clint Howard to summon his dark master for revenge on his tormentors!

3. His name is Coopersmith, but everyone calls him CooperDICK! That's what all us kids on my block called each other for a few weeks after this movie came out on pirated HBO.

I plan to watch it this weekend. You should too!

• Like 1