🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 33 — Welcome to Jamrock

Welcome to Jamrock, I mean Comedy Bang Bang: The Podcast! Scott counts down the best songs of the year, and of the Christmas season, with his friends Paul F. Tompkins and Kyle Kinane. They wind down the year discussing their favorite Christmas customs, incense smells, door-to-door fliers, pizza's, and everything else the Holiday season brings. Don't miss possibly the most famous guest, Ray Romano, when he stops by with some Holiday cheer!

I've been listening to this episode a lot lately. There's so much fantastic banter between Scott and Paul throughout the whole thing, and Kyle makes a good counterpoint for all the silliness. And of course, the Ray Romano segment is what people in the biz (business) call a stone-cold classic. Also, this episode is a great example of something that I think CBB hasn't done in a long time: a loose storyline that carries through the entire episode. I love the conceit of playing an entire list of 100 songs within an hour-long comedy show, especially once it becomes clear that we're not even going to start the first one; it's hilarious every single time it comes up, and lends some cohesiveness to all of the show's separate segments. I would love to see this structure picked up again at some point.

I'll never know what was the 99th best track of the last decade :(

Sign in to follow this