🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
ManishMathur

REQUEST: Ang Lee

Take your pick: The Ice Storm, Sense and Sensibility, Brokeback Mountain, Eat Drink Man Woman.

I think he's a director whose whole repertoire is canon worthy

I think he's a director whose whole repertoire is canon worthy

Even Hulk?

Not asking to be snide, I'm genuinely a fan of Hulk.

Ang Lee tried to emulate the look of a comic book, and blend that with his own visual precision. Not 100% successful, but a noble failure. Plus I like Eric Bana and Jennifer Connelly in it a lot.

• Like 1

Take your pick: The Ice Storm, Sense and Sensibility, Brokeback Mountain, Eat Drink Man Woman.

Any reason for excluding Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon?

I'd actually be interested in an episode on The Wedding Banquet. I feel like it's been unfairly forgotten.

• Like 1

We should just have an episode on Crouching Tiger. That was a huge thing back in the day, but seems to have fallen off the Earth since (or, more likely, a year after it came out stateside). And what with the sequel coming out soon....

Even Hulk?

Not asking to be snide, I'm genuinely a fan of Hulk.

Big fan of Lee's Hulk too, despite some of its creative choices. Would love to hear Devin and Amy discuss it, though one of Lee's other films (already suggested above) should probably be on the docket first.

• Like 1

I'd actually be interested in an episode on The Wedding Banquet. I feel like it's been unfairly forgotten.

I love this suggestion. I watched this movie when I started college and wonder whether after rewatching it, It would be Canon worthy.

Sign in to follow this