🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
tim_k

Suggestion: Michael Haneke

The Canon should tackle a Haneke film, and there's no shortage of great stuff of his to pull from. I'd love to see Funny Games get debated, especially the merits of the shot for shot 2007 remake.

You mean, a funny games vs. funny games, u.s., episode? sounds like a great high concept episode.

I kinda would have preferred that over the Let the Right One In vs. Let Me In episode, which was a clear win for the former from the get-go. Of course, it's never too late. Funny Games vs. Funny Games would be great.

On a second thought: It would be fun to listen to, but this would imply that either one of them deserves inclusion into the Canon. And as far as Haneke goes, I'm really not sure of that, to be honest...

• Like 1

On a second thought: It would be fun to listen to, but this would imply that either one of them deserves inclusion into the Canon. And as far as Haneke goes, I'm really not sure of that, to be honest...

That's totally fair. I think the main argument, maybe, is that these are his most well-known films. Otherwise, he has certainly done better.

That was my thought...Funny Games being his most well known. I've always had a soft spot for Cache and The Piano Teacher. I have yet to see The White Ribbon and Armour.

• Like 1

That was my thought...Funny Games being his most well known. I've always had a soft spot for Cache and The Piano Teacher. I have yet to see The White Ribbon and Armour.

I really like Funny Games, but I would put Cache, The White Ribben or Amour up to vote before it. Amour is probably the most devastating film I've ever seen, I don't think any film has given such an emotional response in the cinema before.

Sign in to follow this