🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
RobertSheridan

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind

This is my favorite film of all time and I adamantly consider it one of the all-time greats. This is the crowning piece of Jim Carrey's dramatic roles - for which he was nominated for a BAFTA but still somehow amazingly didn't get that Oscar nod. It's easy to talk about the script or unbelievable effects or morphing of mise-en-scène, but I really want to highlight the supporting cast as being lights-out.

I'd be really interested in hearing any arguments *against* this film. If I recall from a previous episode, I think Amy considers Synecdoche to be Charlie Kaufman's greatest work - I'd love to hear an argument why vis-à-vis what I think is his greatest. (I must give a shout-out to the sometimes forgotten classic Confessions of a Dangerous Mind - a Clooney/Rockwel/Kaufman film I absolutely love but am not sure is Canon-worthy.)

• Like 1

I love Confessions. Kaufman isn't so proud of it. I like it at the very least because they adapted a ridiculous story and had the guts to just roll with it.

Human Nature is also an underrated Kaufman film. I wonder how an ESOTSM vs Adaptation episode would turn out.

I think Eternal Sunshine v. Being John Malkovich would be the way to go. I also wonder how it would stack up against Her, or Lost in Translation.

Sign in to follow this