🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
SlidePocket

Memoirs of an Invisible Man (1992)

Since the gang is doing Escape from L.A. next, I thought I would bring up a forgotten entity in the John Carpenter oeuvre, the 1992 sci-fi comedy Memoirs of an Invisible Man with Chevy Chase and Daryl Hannah. This is the film that marked the beginning of the downturn of Carpenter's career, not to mention Chase and Hannah's star powers were fading once the '90s reached.

This movie is not bad at all. In fact, I would dare say it is Carpenter's best of the 90s, right after Mouth of Madness.

This film's failure can be attributed solely to Chase, whose career had been in decline and was coming off the disastrous Nothing But Trouble.

If another Carpenter film is covered, it has to be Village of the Damned. Or Ghosts of Mars. Those are his true low points.

• Like 1

The weakest part of this movie is easily Chevy Chase. I'm blown away that this was released after Nothing But Trouble, it just seems like a much older movie than that.

I watched this the other day and began to have realizations that i'm a bit of a lunatic. I was watching the scene where Sam Neill is trying to convince Chevy to become an invisible assassin and couldnt help but feel that Chevy was being extremely unreasonable to not at least consider it.

And I will say that although nowhere next to perfect the special effects for the invisibility, especially the ones where he's smoking and eating were pretty interesting to see.

Sign in to follow this