🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
GrahamS.

We need to start a coronavirus movie group

4 hours ago, GrahamS. said:

That said, if there is a way to watch it without spending $20+, I’m into it.

That's insane. Apparently that's what they're charging for movies that didn't get released in the theaters because of the 👾, isn't that like twice the price of a " normal " movie ticket in the US?

51 minutes ago, Omaxem said:

That's insane. Apparently that's what they're charging for movies that didn't get released in the theaters because of the 👾, isn't that like twice the price of a " normal " movie ticket in the US?

Technically, it’s not THAT much more. Going to a movie at night is around $13-15 in the Seattle area. But I wouldn’t pay that much to see Cats in a movie theater and I don’t want to own it

Some movies that would be released/were released in the theaters RIGHT now (The Invisisble Man, The Hunt, etc.) are able to be rented for $20. That’s not a bad deal if more than one person watches it. Right now, I think only Universal is releasing movies this way.

Cats—on the other hand— is in the “normal” waiting period between theatrical and streaming/DVD. If you’re dying to see it, sites like VUDU allow you “early access” to buy and watch it. For renting it, you have to wait until April 7th. 

Why the studios aren’t forgoing the wait period between theatrical release and rental availability during a pandemic (where they LITERALLY have a captive audience) I don’t know. Seems stupid, but they want to turn a profit, so it is what it is.

Sign in to follow this