đź”’ The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... Ă—
Sign in to follow this  
theworstbuddhist

Love Wedding Repeat (2020)

Holy cats you guys, this Netflix "original" starring Olivia Munn wants to be a new Four Weddings and a Funeral but with only one wedding and nearly no laughs. It is amazingly bad considering the cast and the Italian setting. Here is the trailer, which makes it seem perfectly watchable, but IT IS NOT.

I dunno, I think the trailer has some red flags. It looks less Four Weddings and more “wacky Brits try for Judd Apatow-style comedy” Which could be fine, but looks strained even within these two minutes.

Alternatively, Judd Apatow was involved with Juliet, Naked, which I just watched on Hulu. It’s a low-key British  Rom-com based on a Nick Hornby book. It stars Rose Byrne, Ethan Hawke and Chris O’Dowd. It did a nice job largely eschewing typical tropes and was pretty funny. Recommended.

For some reason, whenever I type Apatow, my phone wants to change it to Zapatista. Hahaha!

I like Hornby but haven't read that book or seen the film yet. But I will! One of them anyway.

I like Apatow too, for the most part, and especially enjoyed his recent documentary about Garry Shandling.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, theworstbuddhist said:

I like Hornby but haven't read that book or seen the film yet. But I will! One of them anyway.

I like Apatow too, for the most part, and especially enjoyed his recent documentary about Garry Shandling.

That documentary was great! I largely like Apatow as well.

Plus Freaks and Geeks will always be a fucking classic.

Sign in to follow this