🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

Paul of the Diamond Center delighted those of us in the Sacramento area with his nearly impenetrable South Philly accent. He was a delight.

http://youtu.be/3JRG8BNzNjc

And here is Jake, making an appearance at 0.09

He thought for sure that the cigar band would fool her.

• Like 2

Elena is the lesser talented sister of world-renowned Operatic soprano Catherine Malfitano.

She would just go to random spots in DC and just burst out into song. The best part of this, and I found this out from a good friend of mine that has sung with Catherine, that the camera man is Elena and Catherine's father. This makes the off-camera interaction at the end all the more terrifying.

The fact that this exists and it isn't a cynical goof makes me happy all over. Except for my ears.

As an Opera singer, this one is close to my heart. Background:

Dragana Jugovic is a well-regarded mezzo-soprano and was singing in this concert for Bulgarian TV. Alexei Steblianko is the tenor singing in the duet. Even though he looks like a biology teacher, he is a bad-ass dramatic tenor. According to some, Dragana was drunk. According to her, she had taken some clashing medication, either way, she sounds like Foster Brooks trying to sing Opera. What makes this video insane for Opera lovers is that he is REALLY good, so we go back and forth between marveling over how BAD she is and how GREAT he is. And he is trying SO hard to keep it together, a total pro and great colleague. He even tries to keep her from taking a prolonged bow and helps get her off stage ASAP. But his "frustration" tell is that he adjusts his glasses every time I think he is restraining himself from just yelling at her and leaving. This disaster happened on LIVE TV...what an agony this must have been for all involved. It is totally insane.

http://youtu.be/VLxAWbT2NhU

Where to begin with this? An aging Mickey Rooney in 1997 chews scenery so completely that I am surprised he didn't start having explosive diarrhea. It's painfully glorious. His fellow actors are distractingly awful.

I'm just going to drop this in your lap. Imagine Lenny and Squiggy, but with Nigel Tufnel. That's where it STARTS. Enjoy. I still have this whole album memorized.

I know I totally bombarded you, but I have (belatedly) just started listening to the podcast and it is RIGHT in my Funny Nexus. Pre-YouTube, my buddies and I used to keep a VHS tape in the VCR to record stuff at a moments notice. If you have ever seen the Mr. Show sketch about the party tapes, that was us. I have a lot more to share, but I will post judiciously. I really, really enjoy your show. Your show is what my friend Joe and I do when we get together. "OK, just one more video..." is our mantra.

With all the horror postings (great job The-Mrs_Krinkle!), I think we need a little science fiction

Starcrash!

Marjoe Gortner! Christopher Plummer! Caroline Monroe! David Hasselhoff!

BTW, you can watch the fill film on YouTube.

• Like 2

I'm just going to drop this in your lap. Imagine Lenny and Squiggy, but with Nigel Tufnel. That's where it STARTS. Enjoy. I still have this whole album memorized.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=__8fQh04tjo

I'm down with Lenny & the Squigtones

Jake, are you a Super Dooper Pooper?

• Like 1

there is no reason. which is the only and best reason for anything. fucking damnit.

sorry, that felt like it needed a few 7 words.