🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 62 — Presidential Marriage Proposal

Of course we thought you probably said the n-word. Generally, that's THE slur that you can't say unless you're making some sort of shocking point about using the n-word. Don't put it off on that guy, like he's got the n-word on his mind. It's also funny that you give a hint, then ask us not to have a guessing game. That's like saying "Ready... Set... Go! But please, let's not have this turn into a race!" Anyway, my guess is "Gubba" the derogatory term for White people used by Aboriginal Australians. Am I close?

Honestly I have a hard time thinking about any other word that would offensive enough to bleep. To me nigger is the only word I can think of that might warrant it. Even then I don't consider it that offensive. Nor does anyone else I know. This is probably due to the difference of attitudes in the US vs Canada but who knows.

But again what really shocked me was the sudden bleeping. In the last 61 episodes there have been plenty of offensive things said that could warrant a bleep, but that it happens now is just kind of weird.

it's really not that important to know what it was

Are you sure? I mean it seems REALLY important, or why else would someone keep using the n-word again and again to try and make a point?

• Like 2

Great episode, loved the proposal scene (the Roseanne names gimmick made me laugh way more than it should have) and the various pre-scene conversations.

Also, congrats to Lauren on the engagement. (I'm pretty sure Lauren has posted on here before, right?)

• Like 1

it's really not that important to know what it was

Maybe not for you but for me it is now. I hate being told I cannot know something, especially after being told not to worry about it.

It's not nigger and I honestly cannot think of a racial slur that would warrant a censorship.

Another highlight I forgot to mention - The "Call Me Maybe" ringtone. The fact that it was a total throw-away moment that wasn't at all essential to the scene made it even funnier to me that whoever did it (don't remember who) would come up with that.

• Like 1

Besser consistently brings on really funny people who all seem to be excited to be there. He has a great mix of "more famous" and "lesser known" tallent that impress me every week. Besser even brings on comedy nerds from the forum to hear their points, and all this shit is free. Improvement not needed.

2013 is the year of I4H. You guys need another t-shirt varient for me to buy.

• Like 3

Giving a celebrity name when asked - is that something improvisers do to fuck with each other? I've noticed before, I think Ian Roberts does it often. Sort of like a "gotcha...what now?" thing or is it just because you know it will get a reaction and you can maybe explore something else?

If Ian does it I think it was accidental. I think people accidentally do it sometimes then they just roll with it. I'm not a fan if it overtakes the game of the scene.

Of course Lauren likes cute bottoms!

Aside, I think we should ask Andrew Ti if this comment section is racist.

• Like 1

If Ian does it I think it was accidental. I think people accidentally do it sometimes then they just roll with it. I'm not a fan if it overtakes the game of the scene.

Cool, thanks.It got me curious because I've heard it done a few times. In this one it became its own little sub-game with everyone doing Roseanne-related names which was funny. It seems like people play it two different ways: either acknowledge it directly and fuck with it (like they did in this one), or deny any knowledge of it being odd. Or they're named Cuntalina Hittler

This line up was fantastic in this episode. They played so well together and hit the patterns perfectly in the Obama Inauguration & Bad Fiancé scenes. Gabrus & Walsh are always solid and Lauren Lapkus has quickly become one of my favorites.

Sign in to follow this