🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 195.5 — Sklarbro County 100

Celebrate the tremendous Sklarbro County 100th episode with Earwolf favorite Paul F. Tompkins! Paul classes things up as he tells us how it’s never too late for anything as his life changed after learning how to drive 4 years ago and finally quitting smoking. He also takes us behind the scenes of his monthly Largo show “VARIETOPIA.” It wouldn’t be a County without Daniel Van Kirk bringing in some crazy stories including the return of Where’s the Headline, police hunting “mystery pooper” defecating on park slides in Ypsilanti’s Prospect Park, and Portland flushing 38 million gallons of water from reservoir because a teenager urinated in it. Plus, in honor of the 100th episode, Mark Wahlberg brings his friend from the industry Garry Marshall to talk show biz and the new project they’re working on together!

I always love to hear some Garry Marshall! Too bad Marky couldn't have been in Pretty Woman. That would've been excellent.

Also, I'm a Portlander, and almost no one thinks that they should dump the water from that reservoir, but they're dumping it...Keep Portland Weird I guess. :o

Great episode fitting of the big occasion. For some reason, I was just thinking about the Sklars and PFT discussing "Fluffy" like two days ago, so seeing him as the guest was awesome. Garry dropping by was a nice surprise which made up for my disappointment at Paul not going into his Werner Herzog earlier.

Also, I'm a Portlander, and almost no one thinks that they should dump the water from that reservoir, but they're dumping it...Keep Portland Weird I guess. :o

Yeah, that seems insane. I'd be fine with drinking water if someone peed into 100 gallons of it let alone 38 million (especially considering that it must go through some sort of processing between a reservoir and people's faucets).

Paul F. Tompkins.... continuing to leave the competition in the dust on his mission for the world record number of podcast guest appearances.

I was just there last week and read about that. Seems redundant despite it going through another refinery for processing.

I know the Oregon Water Board got some major shit for it and deservedly so.

I did it. I got a story on County! This is a big day for me, but really, I'm just glad we're raising awareness about the miscreant known as The Mystery Pooper.

I'm curious whether the drumsticks from the first story were chicken/turkey drumsticks or Drumsticks, the ice cream cones.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this