🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 325 — Musical Organs

Ground Floor stars Skylar Astin & Rory Scovel are two bros that are today’s Comedy Bean Bag! Skylar, Rory, & Scott chat about the new season of TBS’s Ground Floor, which songs will be in Pitch Perfect 2, and Rory’s future comedy special that is in the works. Then, Scott’s old buddy Jewel’s stops by to try to get their band back together. Finally, librarian Markis Campbell of the Los Feliz Library shows up to tell us a little bit about the Los Feliz literacy drive and share some deep secrets.

Don’t forget to vote now for your favorite episodes for the Best of CBB 2014 right now here: http://earwolf.polldaddy.com/s/best-of-cbb-2014!

Also, pick yourself up the 2014 CBB LIVE Bundle over at the Earwolf store!

Awesome! Glad to see Rory finally making a return to the show.

• Like 2

Whoa! That hilarious dude from Hamlet 2 and Pitch Perfect is a first-timer on this episode! Commenting before I dig in, now... Time to dig in. I'll be back to give a detailed review, but I feel like this will probably end up being a C+ (as long as Cody doesn't fuck everything up).

• Like 2

I'm probably way more excited for Pitch Perfect 2 than any adult man should be but Pitch Perfect was easily one of my favorite movies in the last couple of years, I've watched like 25 times. I can't fully explain why, it just hits me in some weird sweet spot

• Like 2

I always love characters who tie into Scott's personal life. The childhood band friends were great.

I case anyone was wondering the members of Scott's band were:

Scott, Jewels, Cliver, Neck, Purse, Barb, Crescent, Pluse, Trivert, Dental, Sclupe, Ferendupitty, Ventilator, Drimdrom, Spyyyyro, Pooperoni, Facelit, Pocketmotch, Danny (aka Emblo), Crowpot, Lettermine, Backpack Oat and Housetree

p.s. anyone with art skills please draw all of them, thank you

• Like 13

Someone on the earwolf reddit just posted this clip of Rory performing in a giant hotel lobby/atrium, it's incredible.

part 1:

part 2:

• Like 1

This is my favorite Rory performance (out of dozens):

Also, in harmonious accordance with Scott's weird age joke that guests never follow, Crescent actually WOULD be 57 if he was born in 1957. Assuming a pre-Dec b-day ofc.

• Like 1

"Lotta people talkin' bout 'the season' this year!"

Right out of the gate Scott's droppin' hot quotes!

• Like 1

Also, in harmonious accordance with Scott's weird age joke that guests never follow, Crescent actually WOULD be 57 if he was born in 1957. Assuming a pre-Dec b-day ofc.

Yeah, but he (and Rory) really messed up when they talked about how Ground Floor would hit 100 episodes when they were in their fifties, when in fact they''ll obviously reach 50 episodes when they're in their fifties.

Pam's character and the list of friends was hilarious, especially since it seemed like they came in with none of that planned out and it all stemmed from an off-the-cuff mention of "getting the band back together".

• Like 4

Yeah, but he (and Rory) really messed up when they talked about how Ground Floor would hit 100 episodes when they were in their fifties, when in fact they''ll obviously reach 50 episodes when they're in their fifties.

Pam's character and the list of friends was hilarious, especially since it seemed like they came in with none of that planned out and it all stemmed from an off-the-cuff mention of "getting the band back together".

I enjoyed Scott forcing her to name them all. It felt uncomfortable AND hilarious. Also Pam has quite the range in character's. I downloaded it without looking at the guests and didn't figure out who was doing the voice until plugs time.

There's a group on Facebook that's just podcast nerds... and last Sunday, a guy posted this Would Your Rather question and we played it out in the comments. Then we all tweeted it at CBBWYR, and now its on the show. It wasn't my question, but Scott called me out, I'm Joe Blankenship, but I didn't come up with this question. I believe it was Eric De Halibut who posted it in the group.

• Like 2

You bunch of cheaters. You bunch of fucking scum.

• Like 1

Notice how early on Scott mentions that they didn't lock doors when he was a baby?

That means Scott Aukerman has always had an open door policy.

• Like 15

Is it Skylar cracking up constantly throughout the episode? It's delightfully infectious.

• Like 1

I have an extremely rare limited test pressing of "Pop Goes the Weasel with the Pillsbury Pop" on 7"... that shit's going for like $600 on eBay.

If it's Howard Kremer selling it, he's having some issues with the Ebay.

• Like 2

U Talkin Pitchperfect2 to me?!

I went and saw the original after hearing Scott sing its praises. Loved it, but as they say on "Doug Loves Movies," NOT for emetophobes.

Sign in to follow this