66 replies to this topic

#1 Cameron H.

This Charming Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,077 posts
  • LocationMy Mighty Lab

Posted 01 August 2017 - 05:58 PM

Hey all, just getting ahead of this. We're looking at 8/11 for our next live "posting(?)" I guess at this point we need to figure out what movie we want to watch next. If we're watching these in the order they were released, then we should technically be on Saeson of the Witch (I could have sworn episode 2 was Old Dogs...) However, I'm open to anything - although preferably something not something behind the paywall to accommodate our Howl-less friends.

So, what do you guys want to do? Do we continue chronologically or do we just go with whatever we want?
Tom: Mark, I loved those licks you were doing.
Miami Connection (1988)

Miss Mona: You know, it's always a business doing pleasure with you, Charlie!
The Best Little Whorehouse in Texas (1982)

#2 tomspanks

jaded meowndarin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 01 August 2017 - 06:02 PM

Season of the Witch is behind the paywall.

#3 Cameron H.

This Charming Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,077 posts
  • LocationMy Mighty Lab

Posted 01 August 2017 - 06:21 PM

I know Cake just watched (and would rather not re-watch) Old Dogs. I'm cool with watching it, but I'm open to other suggestions.
Miami Connection (1988)

#4 CakeBug Tranch

Loyal Tompkastaway

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts
  • LocationSchmocation

Posted 01 August 2017 - 06:44 PM

If the consensus is Old Dogs, so be it. I have somehow seen it twice now, and it is a movie version of the emotion of hate. It's putrid. But watching it as a group can only make it better. Should we nominate a list of 3-5 that we haven't seen? Are we going right back to the start or can we hop around?
Mark: "But I thought we are all orpans." Deep Down inside, we all are, Miami Connection

Dorothy Shaw: "I like a man who can run faster than I can." Choosy, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

No-Prize Champion
Vampire's Kiss; xXx: Return of Xander Cage; Body Parts; The Running Man

#5 Cameron H.

This Charming Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,077 posts
  • LocationMy Mighty Lab

Posted 01 August 2017 - 06:50 PM

I'm not sure. It would be easiest to go in order BUT we're probably going to hit movies that we've all already seen. Like, if we've already all seen The Last Airbender, I really don't see why we should feel obligated to cover it. So, yeah, I'm totally open to bouncing around.
Miami Connection (1988)

#6 CakeBug Tranch

Loyal Tompkastaway

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts
  • LocationSchmocation

Posted 02 August 2017 - 05:57 AM

Here's my list of the first 13 films from the canon that I haven't seen, just to start us off.

Season of the Witch
Last Airbender
Drive Angry
Backup Plan
Skyline
Wicker Man
I Know Who Killed Me
Leprechaun in the Hood
Breaking Dawn
Trespass
88 Minutes
Abduction
Tiptoes

Or, should we go through and nominate a couple that we're actually looking forward to watching, rather than just slogging through stuff we know is going to suck? Were that the case, I might add

No Holds Barred
Staying Alive
Gymkata
Road House (I know!)
Lake Placid
Deep Blue Sea
Hercules in NY

I mean, we could run it like Musical Mondays, and nominate someone to pick for everyone, or maybe even pick three options that we vote on?
Mark: "But I thought we are all orpans." Deep Down inside, we all are, Miami Connection

Dorothy Shaw: "I like a man who can run faster than I can." Choosy, Gentlemen Prefer Blondes

No-Prize Champion

#7 tomspanks

jaded meowndarin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 05:59 AM

In October, can we please do Sleepaway Camp?

#8 taylor anne photo

A Most Peculiar Mademoiselle

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts
  • LocationDeep in the heart of Texas

Posted 02 August 2017 - 06:00 AM

View Posttomspanks, on 02 August 2017 - 05:59 AM, said:

In October, can we please do Sleepaway Camp?

Omg yes please I want to watch this as much as possible
"Taylor doesn't comment often, but when she does, she burns the whole fuckin' place down." - CakeBug Tranch

#9 tomspanks

jaded meowndarin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 06:25 AM

It might be easier to just go in the order of the episodes (except for special screenings like Sleepaway Camp in October).

#10 CakeBug Tranch

Loyal Tompkastaway

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts
  • LocationSchmocation

Posted 02 August 2017 - 06:34 AM

View Posttomspanks, on 02 August 2017 - 06:25 AM, said:

It might be easier to just go in the order of the episodes (except for special screenings like Sleepaway Camp in October).

Easier, yeah, but going through those early ones there's not many that are fun-bad like Burlesque was. I'd hate for this to be a chore if we're slogging through horrible stuff! I'll stop being difficult now. Whatever you guys want to do.

No-Prize Champion

#11 tomspanks

jaded meowndarin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 06:36 AM

View PostCakeBug Tranch, on 02 August 2017 - 06:34 AM, said:

Easier, yeah, but going through those early ones there's not many that are fun-bad like Burlesque was. I'd hate for this to be a chore if we're slogging through horrible stuff! I'll stop being difficult now. Whatever you guys want to do.

I think watching with friends will make the horrible stuff more bearable. Who knows, it could even be fun!

#12 joel_rosenbaum

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 06:39 AM

I have seen Sleepaway Camp (thanks to this show) and will definitely watch again. It is gloriously terrible.

#13 ironicmerman

Sentient hot dogs

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • LocationNull Island

Posted 02 August 2017 - 06:48 AM

With summer winding down, something about the Wicker Man feels right. Maybe it's because I was just on an intramural team that I named "Not the bees!", or maybe it's just the feeling of the changing season. I think live-posting on this one sounds like fun. I'm just not sure if it's streaming anywhere at present other than on YouTube for $2.99.

Road House is always acceptable in my book, so I'll throw that out as a secondary choice.

Also, I fully support Sleepaway Camp for October. The full film is still on YouTube, where I saw it months ago.
Technicality. No. Down. Boo. Over.

#14 Cameron H.

This Charming Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,077 posts
  • LocationMy Mighty Lab

Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:17 AM

I really like the idea of doing a seasonal thing. Like Jingle all the Way or Deck the Halls at December...

Maybe we should just plan these out a year in advance..?

Ugh! I guess we can't do that due to the dumb pay wall!
Miami Connection (1988)

#15 taylor anne photo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:31 AM

Honestly, I vote we ignore which episodes are or are not behind the paywall and just try to watch all the movies. Maybe for now we can coordinate with episodes but I don't want us to all be limited by that.

(I still haven't even re-listened to the Burlesque episode yet)
"Taylor doesn't comment often, but when she does, she burns the whole fuckin' place down." - CakeBug Tranch

#16 CakeBug Tranch

Loyal Tompkastaway

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,516 posts
  • LocationSchmocation

Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:43 AM

View Posttaylor anne photo, on 02 August 2017 - 07:31 AM, said:

Honestly, I vote we ignore which episodes are or are not behind the paywall and just try to watch all the movies. Maybe for now we can coordinate with episodes but I don't want us to all be limited by that.

Yeah, I listened to the Burlesque episode (mostly because it was #1 and I was interested in going back) but I quickly got tired of rehashing an episode I'd already heard. In future I'm not going to revisit the episode even if it's in front of the paywall. For me it's more about the movie than the podcast episode.

We could always watch The Phantom and I can point out all of the adaptive inaccuracies in the lore based on my long tenure as a card-carrying teenage member of the Phantom fan club (and owner of a crate of 400 Phantom comics in my parents' shed)...

No-Prize Champion

#17 Cameron H.

This Charming Man

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 4,077 posts
  • LocationMy Mighty Lab

Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:45 AM

View Posttaylor anne photo, on 02 August 2017 - 07:31 AM, said:

This is more or less my feeling. So, do you guys want to do seasonal movies for Holidays/Special Events and just go chronologically otherwise?

Miami Connection (1988)

#18 ironicmerman

Sentient hot dogs

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 639 posts
  • LocationNull Island

Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:48 AM

If this takes off and becomes a regular thing, you should try and get it put in as a Subforum just like the recommendations!
Technicality. No. Down. Boo. Over.

#19 tomspanks

jaded meowndarin

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,358 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:52 AM

So Season of the Witch on Aug 11?

#20 taylor anne photo

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,079 posts

Posted 02 August 2017 - 07:53 AM

View PostCakeBug Tranch, on 02 August 2017 - 07:43 AM, said:

We could always watch The Phantom and I can point out all of the adaptive inaccuracies in the lore based on my long tenure as a card-carrying teenage member of the Phantom fan club (and owner of a crate of 400 Phantom comics in my parents' shed)...

Or we could watch Spice World and I can argue why it's still an actual GOOD MOVIE GDI