🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
SlidePocket

Bad Girls (1994)

A flimsy western centering around prostitutes turned outlaws played by Madeleine Stowe, Drew Barrymore, Andie MacDowell and Mary Stuart Masterson.

Originally begun being directed by Tamra Davis, who worked with Barrymore on "Guncrazy", but was let go after only a few days of shooting, as the studio became unhappy with the direction the film was taking. It resumed a few weeks later with Jonathan Kaplan taking over, who had worked with Stowe on "Unlawful Entry" and with Masterson on "Immediate Family".

Wasn't this done in the time when Barrymore was trying to shed her kid actor image and be a "bad girl" in public? I remember her flashing Letterman on TV but there were also a string of movies where she was either doing a bunch of nude scenes or "erotic" parts? Apparently there is an uncut extended edition of this on film, and I can only imagine how god awful that is, I assume just saying "Bad Girl's director's cut" is machine-speak for telling your TV to go fuck itself.

• Like 1

Drew flashing Letterman took place a year after this movie. The year when "Bad Girls" came out, she also endured a quickie marriage to a local bartender which barely lasted three months.

I love this movie! It has some issues to be sure, but the cast certainly wasn't one of them. These girls kicked some ass!

If they do dive into 90's era bad Barrymore movies this is a solid choice because at the very least it's a more fun watch than also bad movies Mad Love, and that other one with Whoopi Goldberg which name escapes me at this moment.

and that other one with Whoopi Goldberg which name escapes me at this moment.

Boys on the Side. That one was actually pretty decent during that era for Drew before her real comeback with Scream.

Lumping Boys on the Side and Mad Love is unfair for sure. I just remember watching both of those movies when I was like 13 because it was my mom's turn to pick the movies at blockbuster.

And to say I wasn't the target audience for either of those movies is an understatement.

Sign in to follow this