Episode 150 - The Avengers (w/ Jenelle Riley)

42 replies to this topic

Poll: Episode 150 - The Avengers (w/ Jenelle Riley) (63 member(s) have cast votes)

Should "The Avengers" enter The Canon?

1. Yes (38 votes [60.32%])

Percentage of vote: 60.32%

2. No (25 votes [39.68%])

Percentage of vote: 39.68%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#41 sycasey 2.0

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 512 posts

Posted 23 April 2018 - 08:14 AM

View PostRiot71, on 23 April 2018 - 02:01 AM, said:

I’m a little late to this party. But I voted yes. Only because I figured we would never get another super hero movie up for vote inThe Canon and The Avengers was a triumph in what Marvel started w/ Iron Man In 2008 by creating an extended universe and bringing those elements together. Hopefully, this won’t be the last time we get this since imo super hero action is a genre of cinema like romantic comedy or crime drama. We wouldn’t pick “just one” of those. So we shouldn’t limit super hero movies. They’re based on literature and most have cultural significance. As Stan Lee would say, “excelsior!”

Superman is in the Canon, so this wouldn't be the first superhero movie to be inducted.

#42 textbookleader8

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 01 May 2018 - 01:07 PM

Do I need to actually watch this movie to enjoy this conversation? Or is "The Avengers" actually just a proxy for them to talk about Marvel movies generally? Really don't want to sit down and watch this shit.

#43 bleary

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 92 posts

Posted 01 May 2018 - 02:13 PM

View Posttextbookleader8, on 01 May 2018 - 01:07 PM, said:

Do I need to actually watch this movie to enjoy this conversation? Or is "The Avengers" actually just a proxy for them to talk about Marvel movies generally? Really don't want to sit down and watch this shit.

Probably best to skip this episode then. They do talk about the movie for almost the entire time.