🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
admin

Episode 214 — You Have To Take Action

Qualifier: I like Jen Kirkman, especially in the Pod F. Tompkast context. But she is no CBB-style guest and this episode proved it. Seems like Choctaw kind of acquiesced and quickly switched to straight interview & product promotion mode. Valley before the anticipated peak of Farts and Procreation 3?

Has Scott ever considered doing a mobile CBB outside LAX, to orgasmically fulfill the collective plane break lust of his audience?

INFINITE PLANE BREAKS FOR ALL. I second and third this motion. Would like to move this to the floor for a meaningless vote.

Qualifier: I like Jen Kirkman, especially in the Pod F. Tompkast context. But she is no CBB-style guest and this episode proved it. Seems like Choctaw kind of acquiesced and quickly switched to straight interview & product promotion mode. Valley before the anticipated peak of Farts and Procreation 3?

I thought Jen was okay. I agree, not quite as great as her appearances on Pod F Tompkast or on the Best Show, but she and Scott clearly seemed to be having fun.

It was an enjoyable episode for me.

First CBB I've listened to in a while that didn't have a cum joke that make me nearly puke. Keep up the good work!!

First CBB I've listened to in a while that didn't have a cum joke that make me nearly puke. Keep up the good work!!

you should check out fill my butt with air! if you haven't already.

strictly precum.

• Like 2

Scott has been on fire all of this year in my opinion. I think it was Hot-Slunch who said something about it last week too.

Scott has transcended "Yes, And" to become the bona fide master of "No, Really, I Insist" improv. If you see a fellow improviser painting themselves into a corner, press them on it and try to stifle your laughter as they squirm. The Choctaw is truly a mad genius.

• Like 3

Scott has transcended "Yes, And" to become the bona fide master of "No, Really, I Insist" improv. If you see a fellow improviser painting themselves into a corner, press them on it and try to stifle your laughter as they squirm. The Choctaw is truly a mad genius.

Yes, I think you've put your finger on something significant here. When Scott's "hold-on-a-second-I'm-not-letting-you-off-the-hook-so-let's-go-back-to-that-bizarre-thing-you-said-and-really-dive-deeper-into-it" routine isn't working out so well, it can result in some awkward moments, but when it does work, it really, really works. I think that this is why I enjoy Andy Daly's Comedy Bang Bang appearances so much -- Scott has a tendency to pounce on every slight oddity, inconsistency, or conversational cul-de-sac that the guest stumbles into, but because Andy Daly is some sort of preternatural Jedi master improviser, he just rolls along with it and somehow elevates the entire show to new comedic heights. That guy is singularly talented. There are others who occasionally match him, but I don't think that there is anyone better (at least, not that I've heard).

• Like 3

I liked how Kirkman was an instant pro at WYR. Maybe PFT's skills rubbed off on her after all those phonecalls.

Jen Kirkman is awesome. I love the way Scott says scandalizing things that she barely reacts to, and yet she is FURIOUS at the thought of wearing skies for the rest of her life.

I also wonder if she ever thinks about how many times

"I Can Barely Take Care of Myself: Tales From a Happy Life Without Kids"

will be given as a birthday gift from well-meaning mothers.