🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Brett Arnold

Episode 134.5 — 06/28/13 TWO CHARTED 73

Howard and Kulap bask in the glory of Summah on today's TWO CHARTED! Howard officially announces the first date of his Have A Summah tour (with the amazingly talented Kyle Kinane) before breaking down 'The Week That Was', and Engineer Stard shares some insight on the mixing process of HAVE ANOTHAH SUMMAH, which is available now via Bandcamp and iTunes. Kulap recaps her week of movie and television consumption, and the gang unbox more gifts sent in by you thoughtful Chartists. Enjoy!

Kulap's baby voice is making me feel feelings I didn't know I had. I'm not sure what to do with this, except to agree that it definitely needs to be all over Howard's next album.

• Like 1

KV's "actual" singing voice is pretty damned great, actually. Interesting that that hasn't come up more in the past.

Some episodes of the first season of AMERICAN IN PRIMETIME, particularly the sf episode (which tried to treat STAR TREK and LOST IN SPACE as congruent series...there was a lot that was goofy about the original ST, but...no.), are pretty lazy...

Death, the band, didn't spring from nowhere, as good as they could be...consider such Detroit progenitors as the Detroit Wheels, ? and the Mysterians, and most saliently, along with the likes of Love and the JH Experience from elsewhere, the MC5...white boys who covered Sun Ra Arkestra free jazz in a rock context and otherwise were also playing speed-metal and protopunk, in 1968 vs. Death in '74 (and I have to wonder if Bad Brains were Death fans, perhaps not too long before the Brains gave up on being a jazz-rock fusion band)...

Seems like Ku, Howie, and Stard have reached a consensus about too much darkness and too much noisy destruction in summer superhero movies. I agree 100%. These movie producers need to lighten the fuck up and HAVE A SUMMAH.

I propose a new superhero: Howard Kremer as Double-Gogg Man.

• Like 3

I dunno, I'm with Patton on this one. I loved Man of Steel. It didn't seem like that much of a downer to me. But then again, I've been waiting for what seems like forever to finally see Superman have a real fight on the big screen.

I thought Man of Steel was good enough, but agree that it was too dour and it also had a lot of logic gaps (which I try to ignore with movies like this, but didn't feel like it was smart/good enough to earn the benefit of the doubt on).

Great episode. Loved the Behind the Music-like look at Wie & Stard's creative process. Also loved the revelation that "Lee" is basically Howard's own Tyler Durden - An alternate persona that allows him to say/do things (I DO WHAT I WANT) that he wouldn't say/do as himself.

• Like 1

I thought Man of Steel was good enough, but agree that it was too dour and it also had a lot of logic gaps (which I try to ignore with movies like this, but didn't feel like it was smart/good enough to earn the benefit of the doubt on).

Great episode. Loved the Behind the Music-like look at Wie & Stard's creative process. Also loved the revelation that "Lee" is basically Howard's own Tyler Durden - An alternate persona that allows him to say/do things (I DO WHAT I WANT) that he wouldn't say/do as himself.

OMG WHAT IF LEE ISN'T REAL?!?

Maybe Howard's twin is just Howard's Durden. No one ever sees her because that's Howard releasing himself into something else.