🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
SlidePocket

The Smurfs 2

The first Smurfs film was covered two years ago, so why not revisit it by reviewing the sequel that is out this weekend as that one is getting terrible reviews from critics like the original? What does everyone think?

No way it gets done as the original episode was removed from earwolf.

Yeah I'm bummed. I read an interview with Paul Scheer, I believe it was on The AVClub, where he said they were going to get PFT back to do the sequel. But they removed The Smurfs episode for unknown reasons, which you totally can't listen to here.

Most think it was due to Jayma Mills being on the most recent season of The League.

That's a dumb reason if I'm being honest.

Look at it this way, if you had 2 jobs, and one of those jobs involved making fun of a co-worker at your other job, it would likely make for an uncomfortable work environment at said job.

Well it's not like they made fun off or insulted her personally. They made fun of The Smurfs which she happened to be in. And I kinda doubt that anyone feels proud enough of The Smurfs where they would be insulted if someone mocked it.

They did make fun of her a bit if I remember playing an interview she did.

Well it's not like they made fun off or insulted her personally. They made fun of The Smurfs which she happened to be in. And I kinda doubt that anyone feels proud enough of The Smurfs where they would be insulted if someone mocked it.

Except in that episode they specifically play a PR interview with her and proceed to make fun of everything she said in it.

I'm not saying that's the reason, but something went down that was serious enough that they pulled the episode, and it's the only time they've ever done that.

• Like 1

If I could trade the addition to MLA to my vocabulary for a Smurfs 2 episode I'd have to think long and hard about it.

Looking at the IMDB, Keenan Thompson, Paul Reubens, Fred Armisen, Hank Azaria, John Oliver, Jayma Mills, and some other people I'm sure they are at very least friends of friends with are in this movie. That is a pretty good defense.

Not to mention, Andy Daly was in Yogi Bear. Whoever is making these terrible movies really knows how to insulate themselves from podcast hate. I guess as long as these guys are getting paychecks more power to them, but I wouldn't mind seeing more of this:

http://www.thedailys...fer-love-hewitt

On Cinema did a great review of the smurfs2 on

oscar buzz.. besure to watch all of the review before you get too upset.

Sign in to follow this