🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
justinmh05

Electric Dreams (1984)

I just loved back in the days when people believed computers were basically magic. So many movies operated under the premise that a computer was totally capable of doing something it absolutely is not able to do.

This is a movie which is based on the premise of a love triangle between a man, a woman and a computer.

A computer that gains sentience by being splashed with champagne!!

Sounds like one of those pieces of science fiction where EVERY SINGLE THING IT PREDICTED HAS COME TRUE!!!!

I just loved back in the days when people believed computers were basically magic. So many movies operated under the premise that a computer was totally capable of doing something it absolutely is not able to do.

My favorite is the still promised blade runner photoshop software that can zoom into a photo to the point of ridiculousness. still to this day every crime show has this software yet I've never seen it.

I watched this a lot when I was a kid. I just decided to get all nostalgic and give it a redo. WOW... not great. hahaha From the opening credits until what came up after the ending credits, all I could think of was 'this movie needs to be on HDTGM!'.