🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 95.5 — Minisode 95.5

I'm wondering if maybe they bumped the episode until next week so it's closer to Halloween. That would make sense.

• Like 1

Scheer when you wanted to have a baby the podcast listeners said fine have a baby. Then you said you would only be able to publish 1 podcast a month and we let it slide. But having us wait over a week for Monkey Shines is criminal! How dare you....where is the minisode you promised us in the mean while!??

• Like 1

I am totally asking for a pro-rate on the zero dollars I pay for this podcast. :-)

I'm wondering if maybe they bumped the episode until next week so it's closer to Halloween. That would make sense.

They need time to make and ship the masks that we are all supposed to wear when we listen to the episode. Now that they have obtained that large piece of Stonehenge, the plan should move along more quickly.

• Like 4

They need time to make and ship the masks that we are all supposed to wear when we listen to the episode. Now that they have obtained that large piece of Stonehenge, the plan should move along more quickly.

But how did they get it across the ocean?

• Like 3

But how did they get it across the ocean?

Oh, well, that was a crazy story, I'll tell ya that much.

• Like 3

I feel like a monkey when I check for this ep 3 times a day.

• Like 2

Did anyone else notice that every woman, except Melanie, is an absolute clinical cunt? The ex girlfriend, the nurse, and his mom are all terrible people.

• Like 1

Did anyone else notice that every woman, except Melanie, is an absolute clinical cunt? The ex girlfriend, the nurse, and his mom are all terrible people.

Don't forget to include Ella in that group of evil females! And yeah their over-the-top awfulness was ridiculous. I recognize that it was necessary for these ladies to wrong Alan in some way so as to further the stupid tapping-into-Alan's-rage element of the plot, but why make them into these hateful cartoons of a human? The nurse in particular was out of control. I was getting flashbacks to the unjustified anger of every character in Sleepaway Camp.

Maybe the brain-juice injections and telepathy stuff were just misdirects! And the real root of evil is simply having to share a home with Alan. Think about it - all the individuals that lived with Alan (ex girlfriend, nurse, mother, Ella) are total assholes. And that's why Melanie remains benevolent, because she never actually lived with him. Now, you may rightfully ask then what made Geoffrey/Stanley Tucci/Stephen Root so toxic? I assume it's explained by a deleted flashback scene where they all share a dorm room with Alan in college. And you know that dorm room had a Casablanca poster on the wall.

Most underrated scene in the movie - the incredibly patronizing response of Alan's law school classmates when he correctly answers a question after Ella raises her hand. Is there now a "Law School" event in the Special Olympics that I was unaware of? It's like, oh look how cute, the cripple can study and learn, just like us! Let's give him a rowdy ovation for answering a basic case law question to which we all knew the answer!

• Like 2

Most underrated scene in the movie - the incredibly patronizing response of Alan's law school classmates when he correctly answers a question after Ella raises her hand. Is there now a "Law School" event in the Special Olympics that I was unaware of? It's like, oh look how cute, the cripple can study and learn, just like us! Let's give him a rowdy ovation for answering a basic case law question to which we all knew the answer!

It was also weird that Stanley Tucci was a practicing surgeon who also had time to teach at the law school. You know, because doctors do that instead of even hospital attorneys.

It was also weird that Stanley Tucci was a practicing surgeon who also had time to teach at the law school. You know, because doctors do that instead of even hospital attorneys.

what the fuck are you talking about? when did they show Stanley Tucci teaching at the law school?

It's like Tyler Perry's Monkey Shines!

what the fuck are you talking about? when did they show Stanley Tucci teaching at the law school?

They kept talking about it at the beginning, during Allan's homecoming party.

It's like Tyler Perry's Monkey Shines!

Wait, are you suggesting everyone's bitchy girlfriend is the same rhesus monkey really hamming it up?

Turns out, totally not related to the candy we all love, Rhesus Peices. Tastes ape-shit.

I'm sure they'll talk about it on the episode, but I for one was surprised and oddly pleased at the sex scene between Allan and Melanie. As the Wikipedia summary points out, it's "a rare example of an intimate love scene with a severely handicapped protagonist." And as it was happening, I did find myself thinking, "Wow, most movies with handicapped people don't even touch on the subject of sex directly, and I certainly don't think I've ever seen an explicit sex scene with a quadriplegic." So good on you, Monkey Shines, for daring to show us Allan going to the bone zone.

They kept talking about it at the beginning, during Allan's homecoming party.

weird, i must've totally missed that, this movie is nuts

weird, i must've totally missed that, this movie is nuts

Dont you mean, this movie is bananas?

Also, I dont think thats right, I just watched the homecoming scene again, and they said nothing of the sort. He is introduced, however, to one of his professors at that party (she asked if Alan could continue his studies.)

• Like 2

Dont you mean, this movie is bananas?

Also, I dont think thats right, I just watched the homecoming scene again, and they said nothing of the sort. He is introduced, however, to one of his professors at that party (she asked if Alan could continue his studies.)

Okay. Yeah. That's really weird. I swear I saw it the other way. Ah, whatever. This movie is weird in a bunch of other ways anyway.

Finally watched this for the first time. I didn't think this was really a bad movie at all and a lot of fun at parts, but holy shit do you need a lot of patience. I was ready to throw in the towel at the 45 minute mark and then it started getting good. Strange the read that the studio fucked with the final product so much and kept it so long.

Ok...I'm going to lose my shit if this podcast doesn't show up soon. Stop torturing us!!!

Yeah, whose monkey do we have to spank to get a new episode around here?

Yeah, whose monkey do we have to spank to get a new episode around here?

Mr. MondayCity wishes to apologize to any helper monkeys that may have been offended by his insensitive remarks. Since his previous post, he has entered rehab for a sex addiction in a hypocritical attempt to escape the blame for his otherwise inexcusable behavior. He has also donated an undisclosed sum to the circus.