🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Ofcoursemyhorse

The Boy Who Could Fly (1986)

Another fun tidbit, the actor who plays the airborne autistic was Johnny Storm in the Roger Corman Fantastic Four movie.

• Like 1

Didn't Fred Savage spray someone with piss in this, or make them drink piss or something? I don't remember much, but there is a point where he said "It's PISS". That's my takeaway from this movie. Piss.

Didn't Fred Savage spray someone with piss in this, or make them drink piss or something? I don't remember much, but there is a point where he said "It's PISS". That's my takeaway from this movie. Piss.

I believe the Fred Savage piss drinking was in Little Monsters, the film where a monster from under the bed comes and puts piss in the apple juice. Then he kidnaps Boy Meets World and both Savage brothers have to escape from a cheap knock off of Where The Wild Things Are to return home before daybreak.

Spoiler Alert: they use the magic of time zones to get around the daybreak problem and call their family from across the damn country to come pick them up. The final line of the movie (in response to his father asking him why the fuck he is in California) is "It's a long story." Which is one of the hallmarks of a shitty movie, when your "joke" line involves saying that it is a long story.

But maybe this movie has piss drinking too and I just don't remember it.

I believe the Fred Savage piss drinking was in Little Monsters, the film where a monster from under the bed comes and puts piss in the apple juice. Then he kidnaps Boy Meets World and both Savage brothers have to escape from a cheap knock off of Where The Wild Things Are to return home before daybreak.

Fred Savage befriends the monster and they sneak into a bully's house and piss in his apple juice. They also sneak into a young girls house so he can creep stare her up while shes sleeping.

From the ever-reliable IMDB quotes section (where people don't seem to realize that five pages of dialog constitutes a "scene", not a "quote"), I have found what I was looking for...

Bad Boy: So you thought you could make it around the block?

[Louis pulls out a water pistol]

Bad Boy: Oh, so now I'm supposed to be scared of a water pistol?

Louis Michaelson: There ain't no water in this gun.

Bad Boy: So what's in it?

Louis Michaelson: Piss!

• Like 2

From the ever-reliable IMDB quotes section (where people don't seem to realize that five pages of dialog constitutes a "scene", not a "quote"), I have found what I was looking for...

Bad Boy: So you thought you could make it around the block?

[Louis pulls out a water pistol]

Bad Boy: Oh, so now I'm supposed to be scared of a water pistol?

Louis Michaelson: There ain't no water in this gun.

Bad Boy: So what's in it?

Louis Michaelson: Piss!

Hmm. Seems that watersports were a real running theme in the Fred Savage filmography. Maybe I need to re-watch Flight of the Navigator.

• Like 2

Hmm. Seems that watersports were a real running theme in the Fred Savage filmography. Maybe I need to re-watch Flight of the Navigator.

As far as I'm concerned, the water sports episode of "Wonder Years" ranks right up there with the bike shop episode of "Diff'rent Strokes" when it comes to all-time best "very special episodes" in television history.

• Like 1

Just looking at the "people who liked this also liked" category on Imdb is full of movies perfect for the show. From the Sonny and Cher biopic to a movie starring Gregory Hines about an ex-con deciding if he wants to go back to a life of crime or tap dancing, this movie is offering so much to this forum.

I can. I mean at one point, Uncle Buck forcibly abducts an underage teenager and tosses him into his trunk before eventually hitting him with golf balls.

I watched this last night, I really forgot how special this movie is. Hard to even put into words everything that makes this movie amazing.

Sign in to follow this