🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Ofcoursemyhorse

Breakdown

Sorry but it has an 80% rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Definitely not happening.

Please tell me you've at least seen the movie. Its a fun action movie, but its fucking insane.

Rednecks who think that Russell is rich because of donuts. people who pretend to be retarded for no reason at all. Jt Walsh basically running a kidnapping ring out of his house with his wife and children oblivious to it all.

This movie came out in an era of movies that presupposed that if you drive through the middle of the country theres a very high probability you will be murdered and or raped.

I don't remember anything really being crazy at all, as the trailer set it up to be a big mystery, but when the twist is revealed, that it's just basically a kidnapping plot, it's pretty straight forward. I only saw it once though, which was in theaters nearly twenty years ago.

I just remember so much of the movie being entirely unnecessary. Theres so much play acting on the bad guys part that is for no ones benefit. The first half of the movie is basically nonsense as they eventually just reveal everything anyways and demand ransom from him. Why even have someone pretend to be a simpleton.

The fact that they were chosen because kurts wife was babbling on about a donut wrapper. That Kurt lets his wife drive away with a perfect stranger because he's worried about his jeep being stolen.

I'm trying to think of other examples, but this is one of those movies where the trailer was excellent and set up a mystery that you thought would be unraveled as the movie went on, but it gets dropped somewhat quickly and becomes fairly generic, so I guess it's a perfect trailer in that sense, as it really doesn't tell you anything about what happens past the 30-minute mark. Has anyone ever seen "The Recruit" with Al Pacino and Collin Ferrell? It's kind of the opposite of that, where the trailer is the LAST thirty minutes of the movie and you know that nothing is important up to that point and there's no mystery at all, because OF COURSE the bad guy is exactly who you think it is the entire time.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this