🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Ribelin2000

The Heartbreak Kid (2007)

Wow, this movie is absolutely perfect for HDTGM. This has got to be one of the worst remakes I've ever seen, not to mention an overall just plain shitty movie. I mean, they took a classic 1970's Neil Simon comedy starring Charles Grodin and Cybill Shepherd and just defecated all over its legacy with this abomination. Watching this movie was a completely unpleasant experience, not funny in the slightest sense, just totally depressing. I just felt completely empty after it was over. Absolutely dreadful stuff. Seriously, the Farrelly Brothers can go fuck themselves.

This marked the declining point in the Farrelly Brothers' career, as after that we got Hall Pass, The Three Stooges and Dumb and Dumber To with diminishing critical and box office returns.

It really doesn't lend itself well to this show. You said it, it's just bad and not really funny. It fails, but not in a "can you believe this?" Kind of way.

Actually, I think the Farrellys jumped the shark before The Heartbreak Kid with Me, Myself and Irene. After that came Osmosis Jones, Shallow Hal, Stuck on You and Fever Pitch, none of which were any good. But this movie was just the worst of them all, and completely obliterated any good will I had toward them for their pre-2000 work. The sad fact is that they just completely lost it after the massive success they had with There's Something About Mary.

Actually, I think the Farrellys jumped the shark before The Heartbreak Kid with Me, Myself and Irene. After that came Osmosis Jones, Shallow Hal, Stuck on You and Fever Pitch, none of which were any good. But this movie was just the worst of them all, and completely obliterated any good will I had toward them for their pre-2000 work. The sad fact is that they just completely lost it after the massive success they had with There's Something About Mary.

I think I remember that being the selling point for "Heartbreak Kid", like "Hey, the Farrellys are re-teaming with Ben Stiller, and you guys liked that before, remember?". It didn't really help either party. For some reason, I always liked "Stuck On You", which seems to appeal to no one else.

Sign in to follow this