🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
thethingthatdarknessfears

What IS "Who Charted"?

Hey everyone,

Stupidest question ever, but what IS "Who Charted"? What is its basic premise, jumping off point?

I listen to so many Earwolf podcasts, but never this one because I always assumed it was a music countdown show...well not so much Casey Kasem as a discussion of who charted in a week.

Not really my thing, so.

I am familiar with Kulap. And recently watched that Jay Marks animation where Howard Kremer advises against whistling. Maybe it was a boost from the (awesome) animation, but I found myself finally curious to listen.

Is anyone feeling generous and willing to tell me ever so briefly? Thank you thank you.

Also, on threads I often read about listening to "Who Charted" vs not listening to "Two Charted", or the reverse. Whatever on sweet earth that means.

Snarky, but honest answer - Just spend one hour of your life listening to one episode and you'll get a much better idea than from anyone's description, and you'll probably enjoy it.

More thorough answer - Each week, Kulap, Howard, and the guest briefly discuss each of the top five chart entries for the week in music (rotating chart, often as simple as Billboard Hot 100 but sometimes more unique) and movies (weekly box office). This is always sprinkled with more varying discussions with the guest, including a "Tweet Chart" where they answer five questions submitted by listeners on Twitter.

• Like 2

It is the earwolf podcast with the p4p best dynamic between hosts ;) (imo)

Kulap's sheer joy of listening to Howard's thoughts will never fail to cheer me up.

• Like 1

Yeah its been said before, but the basis of the podcast is them counting down the top 5 songs (maybe pop crap, maybe obscure stuff that is new to everyone in the room), and the top 5 movies (almost always the overall US box office numbers). If you aren't into pop music and hate popular movies, don't worry, this is probably the podcast for you.

Kulap likes some mainstream stuff, but Howard is definitely resistant to a lot of it, movies specifically. So much of the show is them and the guest lightly dissing the popular songs and movies of the week. Kulap is a great host, Howard is a strange man, and that is basically the dynamic. Kulap carries the show forward, and Howard's nonsensical ideas and thoughts will cause plenty of tangents which become hilarious and great discussions as the show goes on.

Two Charted is basically an after-show (but its released on Fridays), so after the guest has left, Kulap Howard and the engineer (usually Brett or 'Stard as howard calls him since he makes his own mustards) have a show where they talk about what they want to, whether its the Grammy Awards that aired, or what they did over the weekend. Generally, don't bother listening to Two Charted until you are sold on Who Charted.

I was told to listen by a friend, after we discussed both listening to comedy bang bang. I started by going thru the backlog and listening to episodes with guests I know I enjoy, and that's exactly how I would suggest you give it a shot. You might get lost with some topical discussions about the seasons changing but you'll be fine

Hope you enjoy it!

• Like 2

Snarky, but honest answer - Just spend one hour of your life listening to one episode and you'll get a much better idea than from anyone's description, and you'll probably enjoy it.

Not only that, but how much time is he going to spend checking this forum for new replies? Just listening to an episode is the most efficient and convenient option.

Sign in to follow this