🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

Boots is just all right, but Comedy is fuckin' awesome, bruh.

It's fucking terrible bro

boots is a good song. there, i said it. it's catchy AF

Here's my top 10 U2 songs:

10. Gloria

9. Seconds

8. Beautiful Day

7. New Year's Day

6. Original Of The Species

5. Out Of Control

4. Wire

3. Promenade

2. Where The Streets Have No Name

1. Sunday Bloody Sunday

Honourable mentions: Numb, The Refugee, Cry/Electric Co, With Or Without You, I Will Follow, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For.

I've spent QUITE A WHIIIIIILE thinking of this list

Ok I've got a few more honourable mentions: Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses, Like A Song, Drowning Man, "40"

Got some more great songs I need to mention, In God's Country and Red Hill Mining Town

My exp with U2 parallels Scottrick's very closely, we're close to the same age. I started seeing shows when I was 8 and so I managed to see a shit-ton of bands early. I caught them on The Unforgettable Fire & Joshua Tree tours. But then the advent of Rattle & Hum turned me off to them. The weird thing was they weren't doing any of that douchey vamping you see in R&H on their other dates. R&H I think uses footage from only 3 shows. When I saw them there was no light show, just the band killing it in a packed hockey arena.

For this reason Achtung Baby was for me just a further confirmation they had fucking lost the plot completely. ZooTV just sealed the deal. Even though I definitely remember liking Lemon, it wasn't enough to get me back in the fold. Unlike Scottrick I have totally ignored them since. Cut to earlier this year, a content starved souprman gives it a shot (the podcast) cuz, well, it's the Scotts' after all. That made me go in for The Unforgettable Fire ep, then ep 21 drops like the next week.

Welp, now I have given the entire rest of the catalog at least one spin. I'm really surprised at how much of it I like. A lot of it is pretty shite imo, but still some good to even great. So with this laboriously long preamble in mind I submit my fav U2 songs. I still don't know the latter two-thirds of the catalog well enough to really include any of it honestly. These are the songs that continued to play in my head over the years even as I couldn't stand what U2 had become. This podcast is now solely responsible for unburdening that little boy who wanted to be a big boy from feeling betrayed by one of his favorite bands. Thanks Scotts'!

This is NOT a ranked list.

1. Bad

2. Red Hill Mining Town

3. Running To Stand Still

4. A Sort Of Homecoming

5. Lemon

6. Seconds

7. The Unforgettable Fire

8. The Refugee

9. Drowning Man

10. New Years Day

11. Promenade

12. The Electric Co.

13. One Tree Hill

14. In God's Country

15. Indian Summer Sky

16. Elvis Presley and America

17. Wire

I know I could have just said the whole of Unforgettable Fire as I feel it to be their true untouchable masterpiece.

• Like 2

I thought I might do an underrated songs list, but underrated is a hard thing to define