🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 15 - A Snorkeling Excursion Ticket Kiosk

holy sh**; man! You know you're listening to a great podcast when the lines, "Hey guys; it's me, Hitler!" and "Pfft. Okay. bye, Hitler..." are uttered. I was dying the whole time, but when he showed up and left immediately, I was keeled over. I'm glad I work at home, because if I were in an office, I'd have some explaining to do.

:D

Btw, I'm quite entertained to know that Gourley found a way to bring Hitler into that Pistol Shrimps Radio podcast he plugged too, right before some awkward silence, lol. This is very entertaining! I especially love the fake sponsors (This game brought to you by 7-11: "Don't eat the food. It's probably been on that weird, turning oven device for too long") Dammit Gourley - another podcast of yours I have to religiously follow!

Soundcloud Link:

One of my favorite things on this show is when weird, long, rapid-fire jumps are made from one topic to the other, and then someone slams it all home at the end. And I don't think there's a better example than the gazebo discussion leading to the Soup Nazi leading to Rolf from Sound of Music leading to Eban playing "Sixteen Going on Seventeen," and then Paul spiking the ball with "We can only hope he was tried for war crimes."

Nearly drove off the road when I heard that last bit.

Seeing as our gracious, charming, handsome, dapper host asked for a ghost story, I guess I could share the closest thing I have.

As a disclaimer I feel I should mention I do not believe in ghosts.

When I was seventeen-ish I had, pretty much, the same experience as Jen Kirkman's sister. It was in my old bedroom in my parents house.

I felt a similar sensation of having a ghostly woman straddling my chest, crushing the air out of my lungs and I was completely unable to move or breath properly. After a while I was able to suck in a deep breath (like I'd surfaced after nearly drowning) and it felt like my heart was going to explode. Also similar to Jen's story, no one sleeps in that room anymore, it's full of bike parts.

Looking back on it now, I think it was a symptom of anxiety related issues. Seems less likely that a ghost was trying to kill me like Famke Jansen in Goldeneye.

Look up "Sleep Paralysis" What you and Jen's sister is described is essentially the definition of how that feels.

Sign in to follow this