🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

EPISODE 270.5 — SKLARBRO COUNTY 175

This week, the Sklars welcome Scott Rogowsky who talks about hosting 12 Angry Mascots, Running Late, and his latest pilot on truTV. Then, Daniel Van Kirk covers stories that include a modern day Tarzan, a woman trying to catch the lizard man, and thieves that feature a rather eccentric kitty. Lastly, Bernie Sanders calls in to discuss why even after being elected president, he'll still move his car on street cleaning days.

Here's something I've always wondered - My favorite running bit of Adomian's characters is mixing up the Sklars. Does he actually recognize their voices (I know he's in the studio sometimes, but I think he's on the phone more often) and say the opposite name, or do they just do that bit every time he mentions one of their names?

Also, this episode was good, but it was really weirdly cut together. Dan clearly wasn't there at the beginning and it wasn't acknowledged (after ~15 minutes, I assumed he just wasn't there, and then he suddenly was), and then at the end, the outro was from an (upcoming, I guess) episode with Kyle Bornheimer. I guess this stuff is unavoidable with the road trips and irregular recording schedule, but still.

Guys, we are finally set up to comment on this message board and you know we have asked for discussions to be more elaborate. We appreciate everyone who does comment on this thing and take very seriously, what is said on here. So thank you. With regards to this episode, we had Scott Rogowsky who lives in NY on the west coast with us so we recorded him when we could, a short while back. It was also recorded in a limited time window with Dan, so we figured, rather than not do it, we would record all the stories with Dan and Scott while we had them both in the studio and we'd do the the other two parts of the show, the top and the end, at a later date. We were all set to release this show on the Gondelman week when we realized that we didn't have a secondary guest at the end. So we held this episode out, slid Gondelman in it's place, (because that show was done) and record the final bit for this show, late last week.

That is why this episode sounded so choppy. Apologies, but we are happy to have had Scott on the show. He produced the Finding the Funny docs for us on Howl and he's a fantastic up and coming comedian who will do great things in this industry, for sure. We've spent a lot of time creating with him on the road and really just wanted our fans to get to know him a little bit because we love him so.

We are going to try and weigh in as much as we can on these forums moving forward.

R and J

• Like 4

Welcome aboard! A virtual hug and Henderson to you both.

Looking forward to checking out Finding the Funny now that the Howl app is available for Android.

• Like 2

Thank you, and we're curious to hear your thoughts about Finding the Funny. Very proud of it.

HENDERSON!!! So glad you guys are on the forums!!

Great work on Finding the Funny. There's a certain level of humility shown (which I think is what endears a lot of people to you guys) in really trying to immerse yourselves in a city and go deeper than the surface-layer jokes. Also it's a lot of fun to get a behind-the-scenes look into your process.

Now just come back to SLC!! I love when comedians can do more than "Hey, Salt Lake! .... you guys all have eight wives, am I right?" If you'd do your research, you would know we are only supposed to have seven. I mean, come on, Skip....

Welcome aboard! A virtual hug and Henderson to you both.

Looking forward to checking out Finding the Funny now that the Howl app is available for Android.

Yeah, that's all I was waiting for. Certainly made Buffalo seem like a chill place to hang out.

If the Sklars read this, a "finding the funny" in Montreal would be the bees knees. We've got a pretty unique comedy scene that's kind of separate from all the JFL stuff. It might not work well on an English podcast, but we have a number of comedians that do their sets in frenglish and it's pretty fun. Not to mention the fact that this city's special breed of insanity is easy to make fun of.

Would LOVE to do a finding the funny Montreal. Agree, it's an amazing place. We ate dinner outside one night we were there in the middle of the city during rush hour and never heard a horn honk. It was incredible! Also, Brandon's gotten so big, he's succeeded from Quebec.

Thank you for taking the time to listen to the show and offer such great feedback. We really do love hearing it and for real take seriously, the comments that are made about our work. Even if we don't' agree with every comment made, they do make us think about why we do the things we do and perhaps more fiercely defend what we do.

With a project like Finding the Funny, we really feel like it would make a great TV project as well and are in the process of pitching that around too. We'll keep you guys updated on that front as well.

Sign in to follow this