🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Andawg

Sweet November

I was dragged to this movie while I was in high school by a group of people who I no longer hang out with. Not because of this movie, but it didn't help. To this day I don't know why or how this movie could every be existing. It is without at doubt my personal worst movie.

I was dragged to this movie while I was in high school by a group of people who I no longer hang out with. Not because of this movie, but it didn't help. To this day I don't know why or how this movie could every be existing. It is without at doubt my personal worst movie.

This is the Devil's Advocate reunion between Keanu Reeves and Charlize Theron we've been waiting for, and this remake of an obscure film from 1968 comes off as so silly, that it's unintentionally funny. It's also included in the Official Razzie Movie Guide as among the 100 Funniest Bad Movies of All Time.

• Like 1

This movie was absolutely terrible. And surely this is the real source for the old 'Manic pixie dream girl' trope, as Theron's character literally offers to make the men in her life 'better' and then disappears to die.

This certainly wasn't the first film to do it, but I remember the trailer for this one really jumping out at me at the time and making me say "She's totally fucking dying" when it gets to the "...but she was hiding a secret" part. Maybe it was because this was the first movie of this type that came out after I started working at a movie theater, as I could now just skip the first 90 minutes, poke my head into the theater, see the end and go "Yeah, I knew I was totally fucking right".

• Like 1

This is a good-bad GEM. Super-ultra earnest romantic dramas are gold. Just dig this plot.

Charlize Theron has a terminal illness and is devoting her remaining days to finding uptight, joyless guys and, er, boning them into appreciating life again. Keanu Reeves wants no part of this. "I am too focused on my clichéd movie career as a Successful Advertising Executive to bone you, Charlize Theron at age 26. Thanks but no thanks." But she won't take no for answer.

Please, Paul & co.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this