🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
IRONicmerMAN

Requiem for a Dream (2000)

I know, crazy recommendation considering Requiem for a Dream isn't a bad film. I really like this movie and others from Darren Aronofsky (sans Noah; yuck). But come on...and to quote Jason, this is bonkers! The last 30 or so minutes of the film are so discomforting even after seeing the film a few times, and I've got a pretty high threshold. This movie is seriously crazy...well acted with an engaging story line, but it's insanity.

Or, sticking with Aronofsky's works, what the hell...

• Noah: That movie sucks. I couldn't make it through the movie. I mean, it sucks. Maybe I'm missing something, but 77% on Rotten Tomatoes? Bonkers!
  • The Fountain: Great film (humble opinion), but how the hell do you talk the studio into giving you $35M for a budget?!?! That had to been a convincing pitch of a really confusing story. This was made pre-Wrestler, so Aronofsky wasn't too widely known just yet.

you know what's bonkers, irreversible is a crazy movie, i mean wow how did that get made

• Like 1

you know what's bonkers, irreversible is a crazy movie, i mean wow how did that get made

French film? I haven't seen it, but this review quote makes it seem like it would be bonkers. "If outraged viewers (mostly women) at the Cannes Film Festival are any indication, this will be the most walked-out-of movie of 2003."

sorry i was making a joke

requiem for a dream is probably the worst suggestion anyone's made for this podcast

you could host your own show "how did this get suggested on the forum"

you don't have to give me credit for the idea

sorry i was making a joke

requiem for a dream is probably the worst suggestion anyone's made for this podcast

you could host your own show "how did this get suggested on the forum"

you don't have to give me credit for the idea

Ok, I won't give you credit. It wasn't funny or even slightly clever, so I won't bother. Satisfied? I bet you're a real treat at parties you're never invited to.

How is Requiem "probably the worst suggestion"? HDTGM did not one but two episodes on Crank, which was nothing more than a wild action movie. Requiem is crazy: mental health, extreme drug use, ass2ass. It originally got an NC17 rating and had an appeal denied, so they released it unrated. This film took some balls to get made. Sorry you missed the point.

I've read people saying this is a good movie, like a lot of you all , I watched it and didn't get into it. it's got award winning actor Jared Leto. if you want to see a good movie of his, check out Mr. Nobody. I love that movie.

warning this movie will make you cry, other wise you don't have a soul!. check your local drug store for a soul testing kit.

• Like 1

How is Requiem "probably the worst suggestion"? HDTGM did not one but two episodes on Crank, which was nothing more than a wild action movie. Requiem is crazy: mental health, extreme drug use, ass2ass.

Well you're answering your own question here, hoss.

Are we listening to the same podcast? How do you connect Crank with Requiem For a Dream in your mind? Requiem is an intense, serious drama by a major director, based on a novel from a well respected writer, and executed with total technical control and award winning performances -- Ellen Burstyn was nominated for an Oscar. The film ranks #78 in the IMDB top 100, just above A Clockwork Orange. It is wildly inappropriate for this podcast, and I was well within reason to joke about it.

I've read people saying this is a good movie, like a lot of you all , I watched it and didn't get into it. it's got award winning actor Jared Leto. if you want to see a good movie of his, check out Mr. Nobody. I love that movie.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vXf3gVYXlHg

warning this movie will make you cry, other wise you don't have a soul!. check your local drug store for a soul testing kit.

I'd seen this advertised on Netflix I think, but it's no longer streaming there, just haven't gotten around to seeing it, though the premise does sound interesting.