🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
SlidePocket

Collateral Damage (2002)

The film that marked the end of Arnold Schwarzenegger's headlining days as a box office draw before this stint as the Governator. Also notable for being pushed back after the September 11 attacks due to its terrorism theme, which also didn't help the movie from not being good.

This really is a fuck awful movie. That being said, the ending really is hilarious. He kills both parents and then gets to keep the terrorist's child as like a replacement for the one that was blown up in the beginning.

This movie also features one of my favorite actors, Cliff Curtis. Who has been cast as nearly every ethnicity in existence.

• Like 1

Well were to start with this movie. First off this movie had the worst timing. It was set to come out in October 2001, but was postponed until February. Due to the September 11 attacks. And this movie's plot having terrorist killing Arnold's family and him going after the terrorist. The director saw the original script having middle eastern terrorist. He changed it because he did think that was current any more. And wanted to do more current terrorist threat. They actually considered not releasing the movie. They pulled the trailer from theaters right away after the attacks. Plus they had a game on the movie site called catch the wolf. It had players going after terrorist. They cut a scene that was filmed with Sofia Vergara high jacking a plane.

• Like 1

This movie is so fucking crazy, I still cant help but love the ending of this movie which has Arnie taking possession of a child after tossing the childs mom into an electrical junction box, and throwing an axe into his fathers chest.

The only cool things about this movie were Cliff Curtis, who is just criminally underrated as an actor, and the fact that Curtis kills a dude by making him swallow a live snake. It's truly laughable that Arnold who is a firefighter in this, somehow becomes John Matrix from Commando in an instant and is laying waste to a terrorist organization with no apparent combat training.

The only cool things about this movie were Cliff Curtis, who is just criminally underrated as an actor, and the fact that Curtis kills a dude by making him swallow a live snake. It's truly laughable that Arnold who is a firefighter in this, somehow becomes John Matrix from Commando in an instant and is laying waste to a terrorist organization with no apparent combat training.

I think my sole disappointment with Thor: Ragnarok is Taiki Waititi not casting a fellow kiwi for a role in the movie.

I'd love to see Cliff Curtis enter the MCU.

I do agree that this is like tenth on a long list of Schwarzenegger movies that should be covered before they even think about doing this.

I do agree that this is like tenth on a long list of Schwarzenegger movies that should be covered before they even think about doing this.

Yeah I think your right.

1. Commando

2. Last Action Hero

3. The 6th Day

4. Red Heat

5. Raw Deal

6. Around the World in 80 Days

7. End Of Days

8. The Last Stand

9. Escape Plan

10. Collateral Damage

Also would include movies like True Lies and Eraser as both are fantastic action films with Arnold really doing well as an actor in them as well. After Eraser is where it starts going downhill for him as next was Jingle All the Way and Batman & Robin and he wouldn't really have a good movie, albeit a crazy one, until The Last Stand. Yeah he was okay in Terminator 3 but he was almost a side character in that movie until the final fight scenes.

I just dont understand why he had to have his little foray as governor, and rob us of a decades worth of material for the podcast.

Yeah but damn has he been making up for lost time.

Sign in to follow this