🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Shannon

The Canon Is On Hiatus

Hey guys

Finally I'm comming around to write in here as well. I had a rough couple of weeks, so...

Anyway. The Canon was undeniably one of my favorite shows. The whole thing was really a pitty to loose. Nevertheless, I think you guys from Earwolf handeled the situation together with Amy and Devin in the best way possible. I tip my hat to that. I'm not in a position to make any judgements. In any case, I think it was pretty mature of him to take the blame and step back immediately from his public functions. And after reading all the stuff posted in here, I guess I'm not the only one looking forward to listen to new content, especially, since Amy's coming back.

However, I feel a bit cheated by Earwolf, if they decide to all of the sudden have something like a premium system on howl, at least without notice. That's not really how you build a fanbase, or treat people that supported the show by listening to it and giving it good reviews and stuff. I mean, the commentary tracks were one thing, because that was an additional bonus and therefore something special. But just withdrawing content? To me, that sounds strangely lazy and greedy, to be honest. Maybe you guys have got a good explanation for this behavior, then I'd be happy to listen to it.

Anyway, happy new year, and I'm looking forward to hear from you.

That is a weird business model, but Howl.fm has been worth it. So, as strange as it is that The Canon only exists in this one way, it's still worth it--the WTF archive and compilation of Superego episodes have been especially neat.

^Yeh the thing is though, this literally happened about 3-4 days ago. I was checking itunes regularly to see if the new ep. was up, only to find the vast majority of eps. have been pulled. It was just a week ago when i listened to Slacker, which cannot be accessed now.

I just don't think it's worth it paying money for a podcast when the majority out there are free. That's just my opinion.

The above poster is right! How about some fkn notice? Pretty sure i won't be continuing with this show now. So sad. :(

So, what Shannon is essentially telling us is that when we download an episode, we should never delete it. I still have a few of the older episodes that I never deleted from my phone, and I guess I never will now. That seriously does sound like some shit.