🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 84 - State Fair: Live from Largo (w/ Kumail Nanjiani, Jordan Black, Annie Savage, Jean Villepique)

Paul F. Tompkins welcomes the live audience and unseen listeners back to Spontaneanation, recorded in front of a LIVE audience at the world-famous Largo at The Coronet! This week, Paul’s special returning guest is Kumail Nanjiani of The Meltdown with Jonah and Kumail and HBO’s Silicon Valley! They chat when Kumail realized he didn't fit into society, his unique attempt to project coolness, and three interesting Jackie Coogan facts. Paul is also joined by Jordan Black, Annie Savage, and Jean Villepique to improvise a story set at a State Fair. And as always, Eban (only the best) Schletter scores it all on piano!

Photos by Liezl Estipona.

Ok gotta say it...

the sound effects board colors feel wrong

Red button should be flashblack, because you need to stop and go back into the past

and

Yellow should be meanwhile, because you need to slow down and see what is happening over there.

Really great ep, annie savage is super cute and i love her

Kumail looks like a tech billionaire in these pictures! Is this maybe a spoiler for season 4 of Silicon Valley? Great lineup though! Listening now and looking forward to when it starts in a few seconds.

Those Jackie Coogan facts were insane! I can definitely relate to Kumail's feeling of not belonging when he was the only one not crying.

I enjoyed Annie trying to decide, mid-word, whether two characters she'd been playing were the same person.

Kumail was a great guest the first time and a great guest the second time. The improv was awesome, as always.

So the question asked by the previous guest was asked by Jean Villapeaque right? The previous guest? Who also happened to be an improv guest on this show? Paul always says that they are released in order recorded.

Having binge watched all of Orphan Black recently i would LOVE for Tatiana Maslany to be a guest on Spontaneanation and then take part in the improv. If i could pick anyone it would be her.

This one was extra silly and I loved it. I hope Kumail's question for the next guest is "Have you heard those crazy facts about Jackie Coogan?" and Paul is forced to tell the Jackie Coogan story again.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this