🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
JulyDiaz

Episode 115 - Labyrinth (w/ Kristian Bruun, Stephanie Courtney, Shaun Diston, Little Janet Varney)

Paul F. Tompkins welcomes everyone to the beginning of a new episode of Spontaneanation! This week, Paul’s special return guest is Kristian Bruun of Orphan Black! They chat about what Kristian's worst encounter with a stranger was, what clever nicknames the kids at school had for him, and military etiquette for having to vomit. Paul is then joined by Stephanie Courtney, Shaun Diston, and Little Janet Varney to improvise a story set in a Labyrinth. And as always, Eban (only the best) Schletter scores it all on piano!

One of the best! When Paul and Janet started giggling at Kristian's southern accent I knew exactly what was going to unfold. And definitely the best rendition of the Eban Schletter jingle.

• Like 3

This is not only one of the best episodes of SPONT, but perhaps one of the best episodes of any podcast.

• Like 4

Good Lord. I relistened to the improv and it's less than 24 minutes long! The comedy density is staggering!

Wow such a good ep, one my favourites i think! Kristian's interview was so good and made better by how much PFT and JV were audibly enjoying it. It feels like we haven't seen l'il Janet in a while so that was a treat. Everyone was so funny, loved it.

Having said that, Stephanie's catering story was legit scary.

• Like 1

Can we all agree to call anyone we see wearing a Nike item of clothing "Nicheal" from now on?

A great episode, loved the finale. I also had a vain hope that with the introduction of the Minotaur, that someone would make a reference to the Minotaur's Song by The Incredible String Band. It sounds like something straight out of a Monty Python sketch or film but I just checked and it was released in 1968, with Monty Python debuting in 1969 (so maybe Eric Idle heard it and copied them?).

Anyway, here it is in all its glory:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eeoZE_NrosY

• Like 2

That was magical. I was laughing so hard that for a few seconds afterwards I was seeing spots. Paul F is like a Michelin chef, he brings the ingredients together, stirs things up, sets the burner on high and voilà... a masterpiece. What an amazing group of characters!

• Like 1

This was all great but my absolute favorite part was Paul's unbridled fury at styrofoam peanuts.

Holy shit, that ending had some serious Hollywood Facts vibes. Amazing episode all around.

I liked how Paul began the Tell Me Something I Don't Know spot by singing the theme to "Courtship of Eddie's Father".

Between social media posts and Paul's introduction, the ending of this episode was very highly hyped and I had high expectations, and still wasn't disappointed! Very funny!

Liked the callback to Kristian's Nike swoop play.

• Like 1

Wow such a good ep, one my favourites i think! Kristian's interview was so good and made better by how much PFT and JV were audibly enjoying it. It feels like we haven't seen l'il Janet in a while so that was a treat. Everyone was so funny, loved it.

Having said that, Stephanie's catering story was legit scary.

*Little, heaven help you if PFT sees you using l'il...

*Little, heaven help you if PFT sees you using l'il...

Look i just don't have the time to write out "little". I can't believe you made me do it right there!

The day after listening to this, I ran across this news story. I don't think it's the same guy from Kristian's story, but I do think it's an interesting coincidence: MMA guy, neck tattoos, serious anger issues. Or maybe that's just a common type.

The day after listening to this, I ran across this news story. I don't think it's the same guy from Kristian's story, but I do think it's an interesting coincidence: MMA guy, neck tattoos, serious anger issues. Or maybe that's just a common type.

Chronic traumatic encephalopathy

Chronic traumatic encephalopathy (CTE) is a degenerative disease found in people who have suffered repeated blows to the head. […]

Symptoms of CTE, which occur in four stages, generally appear 8–10 years after an athlete experiences repetitive mild traumatic brain injury. First-stage symptoms include attention deficits as well as disorientation, dizziness, and headaches. Second-stage symptoms include memory loss, social instability, erratic behavior, and poor judgment.

Sign in to follow this