🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
JulyDiaz

Episode 210 - The Secret (w/ Topher Grace, Joel Kim Booster)

19 minutes ago, WatchOutForSnakes said:

That's because rape jokes cross the line. 

It wasn't intended to be a rape joke, apparently I should have clarified when I replied to Gigi, again, my apologies

12 hours ago, EvRobert said:

I legit don't remember the last time I saw Clueless. I watched it. I owned it on VHS, but I don't remember the last time I actually WATCHED Clueless.

I may be in for a rewatch soon

Me either but it's like engrained in my DNA. I even remember having to wait to the end of the tape for the music video!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Archetypo said:

It wasn't intended to be a rape joke, apparently I should have clarified when I replied to Gigi, again, my apologies

I'm usually ok with jokes that toe the line except for rape jokes. I'm sure you didn't mean to but it's upsetting to me as someone who has multiple people in their life who are sexual assault survivors. I honestly do not know a  SINGLE woman ( I include myself in this) who has not been assaulted or sexually harassed and made to feel unsafe.  I get that the topic of this movie is insane but ... Just a heads up?

11 hours ago, taylorannephoto said:

If it was a musical I would say we have to just do it next Musical Monday, but I'm not sure Jeremy Sisto singing to The Cranberries counts lol.

There's a music video at the very end?

15 hours ago, Archetypo said:

I'm not buying your little act and I doubt anyone else is either. You are either the most clueless newb that ever newbed or you think you are cleverly using rhetoric to troll people about rape. Ignorance is forgivable, because the ignorant can at least learn from their mistakes. The other option - being a rape apologist MRA fuckwad - is not forgivable, and not welcome in any civilized place.

Since you "apparently" created your account for the sole reason of making the "joke" you made, my money is on MRA fuckwad. And no, I'm not interested in your protestations of innocence. Apologize sincerely and without reservation, if you are indeed human enough to do such a thing, and move on. Either way, I'm blocking you.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, theworstbuddhist said:

I'm not buying your little act and I doubt anyone else is either. You are either the most clueless newb that ever newbed or you think you are cleverly using rhetoric to troll people about rape. Ignorance is forgivable, because the ignorant can at least learn from their mistakes. The other option - being a rape apologist MRA fuckwad - is not forgivable, and not welcome in any civilized place.

Since you "apparently" created your account for the sole reason of making the "joke" you made, my money is on MRA fuckwad. And no, I'm not interested in your protestations of innocence. Apologize sincerely and without reservation, if you are indeed human enough to do such a thing, and move on. Either way, I'm blocking you.

Well that's convenient, cause I'm not fucking selling it. 

I gotta say, I'm pretty surprised that fans of a podcast that constantly makes offensive jokes, sometimes about rape, pedophilia, incest, autism, terrorism, physical and sexual abuse etc, don't have a darker sense of humor. 

My guess is that some, maybe not all, of you aren't genuinely offended, and you're taking this opportunity to either virtue signal or just be an asshole. 

And for the record, I created my earwolf account long before this episode.

Let me reiterate one more time what I meant in my original post:

The wife wants to have sex with her husband, the husband wants to have sex with his wife. The wife, however, is in the daughter's body, so the experience of having sex with his wife would be basically the same as having sex with his daughter. If he takes roofies, he gives his wife what she wants, without having to visually or tactually experience what he doesn't want. It's an absurd suggestion about a fictional situation, meant as satire.

It's even more absurd that you guys are taking this seriously, to the point of accusing me of earnestly proposing rape and being a rape apologist.

On 4/12/2019 at 9:27 PM, noodlenoods said:

Did anyone else make the mistake of watching The Secret (2006), the shitty self-help movie based on the shitty self-help book of the same name? What a horrible way to waste an hour and 31 minutes and now I have to watch the real movie. 

I came dangerously close. I did a search on iTunes, and the self-help movie was the only one to come up. It seemed a strange choice for the podcast, but who am I to say? Thankfully, I also checked Amazon Prime, because I wanted to pay the smallest amount for it, and the Duchovny movie came up.