🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
admin

Episode 149 — Live from SXSW 2012

Tim actually had a lot of fun, and was wrestling shirtless with James the very next night. It's just schtick.

Can't argue with the choctaw.

I have to give credit to Mr. Heidecker, I completely fell for the schtick big time.

Tim actually had a lot of fun, and was wrestling shirtless with James the very next night. It's just schtick.

Thanks for breaking the 5th wall (I figure you jack-in-the-box'd through the ceiling to deliever this). Next you're going to tell me that people don't really wander in off the street

Which is great, but as a listener and long-time fan, I think the way his schtick mingles with the show's theme, drive and energy, well, sucks.

A few recent shows just knocked it out of the park -- largely due to regulars like Daly and Tompkins, but Proops, Moynihan, Offerman and Odenkirk are a few recent "non-family" guests that still just killed in this environment. Compare Proops' enthusiasm and contributions to the shows he's been on to Tim and Eric's showings, and maybe you can see where I'm coming from.

When a show's premise is fun, freewheeling improv, having guests whose entire thesis is anti-comedy is never going to give you a good blend.

When guests are game, the show is gold. Tim and Eric are anti-game. "We're too good for your silly games" is cute for a couple of minutes, but it gets really tired, really fast.

YMMV, obviously. I'm not saying Tim and Eric aren't good at what they do – but in one listener's opinion, what they do sucks all the air out of the room and kills the CBB style of comedy dead.

Holy jeez, re-reading that, it sounds a lot more cranky than I intended it to sound. I'm not the founder and CEO of the He-Man Tim-And-Eric-Haters Club or anything, I just find they're kind of oil and water with the show in general... especially at about the one-third mark, where they always seem to get exasperated and disengage.

Sign in to follow this