🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
AlmostAGhost

#Kinspooled miniseries #3

While a lot of these movies are centered around family dynamics and drama, a lot (most) of these don't strike me as "fucked up families." (The choices in the letterboxd list matches up with the title a lot more).

Seeing Tokyo Story described that way is really jarring for me. 

• Like 1

On 11/6/2020 at 11:58 PM, ol' eddy wrecks said:

While a lot of these movies are centered around family dynamics and drama, a lot (most) of these don't strike me as "fucked up families." (The choices in the letterboxd list matches up with the title a lot more).

Seeing Tokyo Story described that way is really jarring for me. 

Yeah, describing Tokyo Story as "fucked up families" is killing me. Even a very vague synopsis doesn't really fit what I would call fucked up families. "Family dynamics" is a way better description for Tokyo Story and this group of movies. 

My immediate idea for this theme is Murmur Of The Heart but something a little less on the nose is Rachel Getting Married.

• Like 1

Ditto on Tokyo Story.  I think they just need a better title for the mini-series.

This was a bit tougher to come up with obvious choices than the first two series.  I'd put Incendies out there as fitting the theme.  Yorgos Lanthimos' Dogtooth?  Those families are more seriously fucked up.  If we're just going with films that study family dynamics, it's almost too broad.

Sign in to follow this