🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×

"Cyndi Lauper and Jeff Goldblum play two psychics hired by Peter Falk to find his long lost son in a foreign country. When they get there they discover he's really hired them to help find a hidden temple in the mountains where all the psychic energy in the world comes from. Directed by Ken Kwapis."

Trailer:

• Like 2

What happens when Madonna is taking all the great roles in the 80's? Well if you're Cyndi Lauper you star in Vibes.

I know and love this movie, and it is such an obvious candidate that I can't bear not having thought of it first. Do this one, it's amazing. Jeff Goldblum is doing the Rutger Hauer thing again (i.e. improving the movie by virtue of starring in it), Cindy Lauper is her best self and therefore all kinds of amazing, and Peter Falk is there to tie a bow on it.

JG and CL are real-life psychics with very specific powers, and get railroaded into what was probably supposed to be some sort of Indiana Jones like plot. PF squints and mumbles just as much as you want him to, and while it's obviously terrible, you can't help loving it. Cheese lovers unite!

• Like 2

All out Jeff Goldblum before his prime, Cyndi Lauper for some reason, Peter Falk going for it...

1000 times THIS! I watched this soooo many Saturday afternoons as a kid on my local "nobody's watching anyway, so shove whatever BS movie on the air and call it done" network (Channel 11 St Louis, MO)