🔒 The Earwolf Forums are closed Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
inactiveuser501

Mr. Wrong (1996)

This movie is really quite an accomplishment. I know Jason's aware of it (From the On The Line episode), and it does have that awkward "Closeted Person in Straight Role" vibe, but it just goes beyond that. Ellen's character is just so awkward and distant from the bouncy personality that we know of her. Everyone, and I mean EVERYONE in this movie are just the most unlikable people in the world. Bill Pullman is garbage, Joan Cusack is garbage, the Parents and Friends are garbage. It claims to be a "Dark Comedy" but the last 20 minutes of this movie are some of the most uncomfortable and mean-spirited scenes of all time. This movie genuinely made me feel unclean.

The Good News? The movie is full on YouTube, in it's entirety (except for part of a sex scene) Do this and destroy it to no end. (And getting Ellen on to talk about it wouldn't hurt either)

This really is a fucking strange movie, the ending is so weird and uncomfortable on top of everything else that leads up to it.

The director of this, Nick Castle, also made The Last Starfighter! It's such a downward trajectory to go from that to crap like Dennis the Menace, Major Payne and the aforementioned Mr. Wrong, and following the latter film's failure, he hasn't helmed anything major since.

Sign in to follow this