Jump to content


Is the Rafflecast dead?

RJJo

14 replies to this topic

#1 justinmh05

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:28 AM

Say it ain't so - I'm really hoping the podcast is just on summer vacation, not a permanent vacation (ala Aerosmith).

#2 Bruce Reid Robinson II

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 06:34 AM

This is the third week without one right? I can't stand for this! Jon? Stard? King Cyrus?

#3 Brett Morris

    Earwolf Engineer

  • Administrators
  • 399 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 11:16 AM

It's not dead. Jon has just been insanely busy, he's blowing up! Cy and I have been busy as well. But have no fear, we have another BTT in the can, and we love doing it so much I can't see us entirely stopping any time soon. Keeping it strictly weekly is just tough at times.
i'm lead audio engineer at earwolf.

my website is brettmorrismusic.com.

find me on twitter @brettsbrain.

#4 Bruce Reid Robinson II

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,738 posts

Posted 27 June 2013 - 12:11 PM

This is the ONLY explanation I will be satiated by! #BTT #DalezandDumbMike #JohnnyBananas #BreakfastinBed #gripitandripit #suela

Thank you Brett, I'm sincerely happy to hear you guys are busy (hopefully getting paid to be as well).

#5 justinmh05

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 28 June 2013 - 04:27 PM

View PostBrett Morris, on 27 June 2013 - 11:16 AM, said:

It's not dead. Jon has just been insanely busy, he's blowing up! Cy and I have been busy as well. But have no fear, we have another BTT in the can, and we love doing it so much I can't see us entirely stopping any time soon. Keeping it strictly weekly is just tough at times.


Glad to hear it'll be back soon!

#6 Ghost_Anvil

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 15 February 2014 - 01:40 AM

View PostBrett Morris, on 27 June 2013 - 11:16 AM, said:

It's not dead. Jon has just been insanely busy, he's blowing up! Cy and I have been busy as well. But have no fear, we have another BTT in the can, and we love doing it so much I can't see us entirely stopping any time soon. Keeping it strictly weekly is just tough at times.


Six months later with no Rafflecast, I'm almost tempted to not believe Brett.

This really kills me - Rafflecast is the way I discovered Jon Daly and every one of those Building the Tracks were remarkable and among my favourite podcasts of any variety.

RAFFLECAST IS DEAD LONG LIVE RAFFLECAST!

#7 Martin Luther King Crimson

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 24 February 2014 - 08:44 AM

Please, do more "Lookin' Through Cosmos".

"...Like Skirrlex grew a pussy...."

#8 Brett Morris

    Earwolf Engineer

  • Administrators
  • 399 posts

Posted 01 March 2014 - 10:52 AM

View PostGhost_Anvil, on 15 February 2014 - 01:40 AM, said:


Six months later with no Rafflecast, I'm almost tempted to not believe Brett.

This really kills me - Rafflecast is the way I discovered Jon Daly and every one of those Building the Tracks were remarkable and among my favourite podcasts of any variety.

RAFFLECAST IS DEAD LONG LIVE RAFFLECAST!

unfortunately it's still the same situation. there's nothing new for me to report either way. whenever, if ever, jon decides to record something, i'm there. that's kind of how it's always been. it's the kind of thing where i could get a call tomorrow to hang for another BTT...or not. or it will happen in a different form. BTT is the best thing ever so I hope so! luckily we have more jon daly than ever right now, he's killing it everywhere. every time i talk to him he has something awesome he's working on.
i'm lead audio engineer at earwolf.

my website is brettmorrismusic.com.

find me on twitter @brettsbrain.

#9 JEFFREYPARTIES

    The nicest one here.

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 888 posts
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:11 PM

I met Jon back in November, and he said he wasn't sure if Raffle cast would ever be back, but his fiancé was super stoked that I was a fan. Also, his brother took a picture of me and the bartender, and I would really like to see that picture at some point.

#10 slinkydink

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:55 AM

Rafflecast is hysterical.
I hope that it will be back one day.

#11 hypnotizingchickens

    a worthy, uh...

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:09 AM

View Postslinkydink, on 22 August 2014 - 09:55 AM, said:

Rafflecast is hysterical.
I hope that it will be back one day.


I'm just glad that it belongs to America.
yes - that is to say, no
u n d e r s t a n d i n g

#12 thevoblex

    obeying community standards since 23rd oct 2015

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,640 posts
  • Locationminca, colombia

Posted 29 August 2014 - 07:23 AM

all lies
hant fang hoabainchamnt

#13 Terrorist Wittels

    Advanced Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 30 posts

Posted 18 November 2014 - 05:42 AM

View PostBrett Morris, on 01 March 2014 - 10:52 AM, said:

unfortunately it's still the same situation. there's nothing new for me to report either way. whenever, if ever, jon decides to record something, i'm there. that's kind of how it's always been. it's the kind of thing where i could get a call tomorrow to hang for another BTT...or not. or it will happen in a different form. BTT is the best thing ever so I hope so! luckily we have more jon daly than ever right now, he's killing it everywhere. every time i talk to him he has something awesome he's working on.

its short enough to be a segment on another show, whether podcast or video form it could work, anything really... to hear creative process and hilarious banter go on is so organic and epically hilarious that it seems almost too prolific to be put on the back burner to anything else. not to mention im a bass player so i love hearing the jamming in the background haha xD

#14 Pure Guava

    Elite Gold Force Member

  • Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 821 posts
  • LocationSouthwestern Northern California

Posted 22 May 2015 - 08:33 AM

more more more more more

c'mon Jon

#15 Exportionist

    Newbie

  • Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 02 April 2016 - 08:33 AM

View PostJeffreyParties, on 13 July 2014 - 03:11 PM, said:

I met Jon back in November, and he said he wasn't sure if Raffle cast would ever be back, but his fiancé was super stoked that I was a fan. Also, his brother took a picture of me and the bartender, and I would really like to see that picture at some point.


Andy was there? I liked his Pilot Podcast Project. That's another pcast we could use more of.